Faculty and staff have access to all that Muskingum offers!
The following activities and amenities promote learning and wellness, provide opportunities for engagement with students and colleagues, and strengthen the Muskie community.
Identification Cards: at the start of employment, faculty, administrators, and staff will be issued an ID card, which may be requested in order to access or participate in the activities and amenities listed below.
Free ID cards for the employee's immediate family may be requested from Campus Services by calling 740-826-8383.
- Campus Dining
In addition to a variety of delicious meal options, eating in one of the campus dining facilities provides an excellent opportunity to engage with and support students.
- BAIT Shop: located on the first floor of the Quad Center, the BAIT Shop is open to all faculty, staff, and their immediate family members for breakfast, lunch, and snacks during the academic year. In addition to its own menu, the BAIT Shop proudly serves Starbucks coffee and pastries.
- Patton Dining Hall: located on the first floor of Patton Hall, the D-Hall, as it is known to students, is open to all faculty, staff, and their immediate family members.
- Vending machines for soft drinks and snacks are located in several academic buildings.
Cash, credit card, and Muskie Bucks are accepted at the BAIT Shop and Patton Dining Hall. Starbucks gift cards may not be redeemed at the BAIT Shop.
Muskie Bucks may be purchased through Campus Services* and will be loaded to the employee's ID card.
*This location is not accessible; please call 740-826-8383 for service.
- Campus Events
- Athletic Events: the cost of admission to most home athletic events is waived for employees, their spouses, and dependents.
- Cultural Events: the University offers a rich blend of cultural events throughout the year, including concerts, plays, art exhibitions, and lectures. The cost of admission to most events is waived for employees, their spouses, and dependents; however, a nominal admission fee may be required to attend certain events.
- Employee Assistance Program
Muskingum provides an Employee Assistance Program through MetLife. EAP services are confidential, provided at no cost to full-time employees, and include assistance with a broad range of personal needs. Some of the available services include legal consultation, mental health counseling, and financial services.
For a full list of services and more information about the program, please review the MetLife flier.
Access to the EAP is available online or by phone 24 hours per day.
All library services are available at no cost to all employees, and their immediate family members.
- Muskingum University Center for Child Development
The Muskingum University Center for Child Development ("MUCCD") is licensed by the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services and operates year round as a lab school. MUCCD provides services to faculty, staff, and the public, including full-day and half-day preschool programs, as well as a before/after school program for school-aged children up to second grade.
MUCCD provides early enrollment opportunities for children of faculty and staff and offers competitive tuition costs. Please visit the MUCCD website for more information.
- Recreational Facilities
Full-time employees, their spouses, and dependents may use campus recreation facilities free of charge and during the times designated by the Athletic Director. Access times will be posted; however, before using any recreational facilities, the employee must complete and submit the Chess Center Assumption of Risk, Waiver, and Release Form to the Human Resources Office.
The employee is responsible for appropriate supervision of dependents at all times.
This website is for informational purposes only and contains a summary of the financial benefits and programs available to eligible employees. The information on this webpage does not create any right to participate in or utilize any identified benefit. Muskingum University may add to, change, or revoke any portion of its benefit program at any time and in its sole discretion.