Visual Design Manager
Muskingum University invites applications for a Visual Design Manager. The ideal candidate will work directly under the Executive Director of Strategic Marketing and Communications and will create visual text and imagery concepts to communicate ideas that inspire, inform, or captivate. The Visual Design Manager will produce compelling and effective design concepts consistently across all University projects and channels while upholding the University brand. This position plays an integral role supporting the marketing, public relations, and advertising needs of the University through exceptional graphic design, collateral production, marketing campaign development, and digital media and web support.
- Meets with stakeholders across the University to determine scope of work, advise, and assist with the design needs of their marketing efforts.
- Ensures brand integrity of the University brand by providing feedback on decentralized design projects and materials.
- Uses digital illustration, photo editing software, and layout software to create designs.
- Creates visual elements such as logos, original images, and illustrations to help deliver a message.
- Coordinates, designs, and produces a variety of official University publications and marketing material, that include brochures, catalogs, print ads, posters, flyers, booklets, event programs, mailers, promotional materials, and presentations.
- Provides creative support for Muskingum’s digital media platforms.
- Develops, manages, and executes creative designs on assigned projects and serves as design lead for others.
- Monitors design trends and their uses in higher education.
- Provides accurate timelines for projects and their completion dates.
- Designs new projects that are unique and bring fresh perspective.
The above statements reflect the general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the major functions of the position and should not be considered a complete description of the essential functions of the position. This Job Description is not intended to be all inclusive. The employee will be assigned by the immediate supervisor to perform other duties as needed or to perform other related duties, including special projects.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s Degree in graphic design or related field.
- 3 years of design experience.
- Demonstrated ability to design and produce quality graphics in both print and digital formats.
- Keen ability to translate complex University messaging into easily translatable designs for various audiences.
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and other relevant industry software.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines in an efficient manner.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Photography experience capturing compelling photos, editing them, and helping manage the photo library.
- Experience working with print vendors and creating print ready files.
- Experience with web content management systems, html email providers, and social media management tools.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT
- Limited physical effort required but may include occasional standing for periods of time or moving items weighing less than 20 pounds.
- No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
- Duties may require occasional evening and weekend work.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
Applications must include a letter of interest, resume, and a list of 3 professional references and should be sent by email to email@example.com or fax to 740-826-6131. Please include the position title in the subject line of your correspondence. This position will remain open until filled, with review of candidates to begin immediately.
The University actively seeks out and welcomes faculty and staff who are committed to excellence in teaching and student learning thrive in a collaborative environment of scholars, embrace experiential learning, consider the engagement of diverse communities in the educational experience, and desire to mentor a multicultural student population. As an equal opportunity employer. Muskingum welcomes applications from individuals from populations which have been historically underrepresented in the academy and/or have experience with students from diverse backgrounds.
Muskingum University does not discriminate in its employment or educational programs or activities. Please visit Non-Discrimination Statement | Muskingum University to review the University’s official non-discrimination statement.