Theatre Scene Shop Foreman
Muskingum University invites applications for a Theatre Scene Shop Foreman. The ideal candidate will work directly under the Theatre Technical Director to execute the construction of all scenic items used in theatre production in a timely, safe, and efficient manner.
- Supervise 7-9 technical theatre student workers weekday afternoons (typical hours are 2:00 – 6:00 p.m.) for an average of 20 hours per week. The foreman may choose to shorten weekday shifts and move those hours to weekend work
- Train and supervise student workers and volunteers on proper use of tools, equipment, construction techniques, and safety procedures
- Ensure projects are completed on time for the production schedule
- Ensure tools and equipment utilized in the shop are in safe working order, and request appropriate upgrades when necessary
- Report inventories and materials lists (including lumber, hardware, fabrics etc.) to the technical director in a timely manner for order, delivery, and build
- Provide technical support to visiting artists or guests using theatre spaces.
- Manage inventory of materials and properties stored off-site
The above statements reflect the general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the major functions of the position and should not be considered a complete description of the essential functions of the position. This job description is not intended to be all inclusive. The employee will be assigned by the immediate supervisor to perform other duties as needed or to perform other related duties, including special projects.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Candidate must have at least two years of practical work experience in a related field
- Candidate must have experience operating construction tools.
- Candidate must be able to read and understand floor plans, color renderings, electrical schematics, and advanced construction plans or blueprints
- Strong oral and written communication skills are required
- The candidate must have a valid driver’s license
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Duties may require occasional evening and weekend work.
- Prolonged standing.
- Frequent bending or stooping and climbing of steps and ladders.
- Lift and carry materials weighing between 50-100 pounds.
Applications must include a letter of interest, resume, and a list of 3 professional references and should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 740-826-6131. Please include the position title in the subject line of your correspondence. This position will remain open until filled, with review of candidates to begin immediately.
The University actively seeks out and welcomes faculty and staff who are committed to excellence in teaching and student learning thrive in a collaborative environment of scholars, embrace experiential learning, consider the engagement of diverse communities in the educational experience, and desire to mentor a multicultural student population. As an equal opportunity employer. Muskingum welcomes applications from individuals from populations which have been historically underrepresented in the academy and/or have experience with students from diverse backgrounds.
Muskingum University does not discriminate in its employment or educational programs or activities. Please visit Non-Discrimination Statement | Muskingum University to review the University’s official non-discrimination statement.