Muskingum University invites applications for part-time, on-call Testing Proctors in the Disability Education Office. The ideal candidate will work directly under the Disability Resources Services Administrative Assistant and will provide pre-approved testing accommodations to qualified students with disabilities and maintain testing integrity determined by course instructors.
- Provide pre-approved testing accommodations for students qualified for through the DEO, such as extended time in a distraction-reduced environment, reader, scribe, computer, calculator, etc.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding students’ information.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding testing documents and instructions.
- Maintain testing integrity by following detailed instructions and procedures indicated on the Testing Report.
- Keep detailed records of test proctoring.
- Responsible for test envelopes, contents, and DEO equipment.
- Occasional early morning and evening exam proctoring.
- Participate in designated staff meetings.
The above statements reflect the general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the major functions of the position and should not be considered a complete description of the essential functions of the position. This Job Description is not intended to be all inclusive. The employee will be assigned by the immediate supervisor to perform other duties as needed or to perform other related duties, including special projects.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- High School Diploma required.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in one setting
- Detailed oriented with some experience in record keeping
- Familiar with Microsoft Office programs, typing on the computer, and basic computer skills
- Flexibility in work schedule; work assignments are scheduled as needed with flexibility around proctor’s other commitments.
- Must successfully complete typing and reading proficiency test on premises
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s Degree.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Limited physical effort required but may include occasional standing for periods of time or moving items weighing less than 20 pounds.
- No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
- Duties may require occasional evening and weekend work.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
Applications must include a letter of interest, resume, and a list of 3 professional references and should be sent by email to email@example.com or fax to 740-826-6131. Please include the position title in the subject line of your correspondence. This position will remain open until filled, with review of candidates to begin immediately.
The University actively seeks out and welcomes faculty and staff who are committed to excellence in teaching and student learning thrive in a collaborative environment of scholars, embrace experiential learning, consider the engagement of diverse communities in the educational experience, and desire to mentor a multicultural student population. As an equal opportunity employer. Muskingum welcomes applications from individuals from populations which have been historically underrepresented in the academy and/or have experience with students from diverse backgrounds.
Muskingum University does not discriminate in its employment or educational programs or activities. Please visit Non-Discrimination Statement | Muskingum University to review the University’s official non-discrimination statement.