Staff Nurse Educator
Muskingum University invites applications for a Staff Nurse Educator. The ideal candidate will work directly under the Director of the Student Health Center and will provide quality nursing care and promote wellness in the college setting. This position is instrumental in delivering the University’s COVID-19 mitigation and response strategies.
- Maintain and follow all Wellness Center policies and established treatment protocol.
- Assist in the day-to-day operation of the facility.
- Perform technical laboratory functions for COVID-19 testing.
- Assist with students being placed in isolation and moving students from isolation to quarantine.
- Assist with and ensure proper contact tracing.
- Report test results following clinic protocols alerting athletic training and/or Student Health Center Staff about abnormal results.
- Ensure quality control in collecting specimens, ensure appropriate sampling and maintain accurate record keeping.
- Maintain laboratory equipment and supplies. Set-up maintain, calibrate, clean and test sterility of medical laboratory equipment.
- Comply with all laboratory policies and OSHA regulations related to safety, cleanliness and infection control.
- Management of student health records and maintain HIPAA compliance documents
- Provide direct patient care, appropriate discharge treatment/instruction and follow-up when indicated.
- Assist physician during procedures and secure ordered lab specimens.
- Inventory control of medical supplies and pharmaceuticals.
- Participate in wellness programming and student education opportunities.
- Availability to assist with pre-season NCAA varsity athletic physicals.
- Exhibit genuine sensitivity and tolerance relative to the developmental issues facing college-age patients.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
The above statements reflect the general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the major functions of the position and should not be considered a complete description of the essential functions of the position. It is not intended to be all inclusive and the employee will perform other reasonable related duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Must be a Registered Nurse possessing a current license to practice in the State of Ohio
- Minimum of 3 years post-graduate clinical experience in health care
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Frequent exposure to bodily fluids.
- Possible exposure to infectious specimens, communicable diseases and other conditions common to a laboratory and medical office environment.
- Must wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when necessary with testing for COVID-19 (provided by Muskingum University).
- Frequent interaction with diverse population including team members, Athletic Training staff and Student Health Center Staff.
- Weekend shifts will be required.
- Rotational after hours on call.
- Frequent standing, walking, grasping, carrying and speaking.
- Occasional sitting, reaching, bending, and stooping.
- Lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling up 50 pounds, with assistant if needed.
- Frequent use of computer, keyboard, copy and phone.
Applications must include a letter of interest, resume, and a list of 3 professional references and should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 740-826-6131. Please include the position title in the subject line of your correspondence. This position will remain open until filled, with review of candidates to begin immediately.
The University actively seeks out and welcomes faculty and staff who are committed to excellence in teaching and student learning thrive in a collaborative environment of scholars, embrace experiential learning, consider the engagement of diverse communities in the educational experience, and desire to mentor a multicultural student population. As an equal opportunity employer. Muskingum welcomes applications from individuals from populations which have been historically underrepresented in the academy and/or have experience with students from diverse backgrounds.
Muskingum University does not discriminate in its employment or educational programs or activities. Please visit Non-Discrimination Statement | Muskingum University to review the University’s official non-discrimination statement.