Muskingum University invites applications for a dynamic and creative Marketing Coordinator in the Graduate and Continuing Studies department. The ideal candidate will work collaboratively within the Graduate and Continuing Studies team to raise awareness and drive enrollment in the University’s education programs. The successful candidate will assist in the design and production of promotional tools, will possess a solid understanding of marketing techniques and have an eye for design and for providing consistent branding across the University’s marketing activities.
- Conduct research to analyze competitive landscape, market trends and customer behavior
- Assist in the development of marketing strategies and execute the marketing plan to achieve GCS enrollment goals
- Create an annual marketing promotional calendar with input from program advisors
- Oversees the production of visual content including images, logos and infographics
- Production and/or design of all promotional materials (print and electronic) including posters, flyers, postcards, B2B materials, etc., used to market GCS programs
- Responsible for posting GCS term schedules and registration forms
- Responsible for updates and publication of Graduate Catalog and MAP Guidebook
- Identifies technology solutions for GCS recruitment and enrollment functions
- Creates content for social media, paid advertisements and web pages
- Creates monthly content calendar for all social media channels
- Works with GCS staff to review webpages
- Updates, creates and/or deletes GCS webpages as required, including copywriting, layout and design
- Actively manages all social media channels including posting new content, reviewing responses
- Adapts website and social media content to better fit search results and strategy
- Creates virtual events as need (i.e. meetings, graduation)
- Manages the marketing promotional budget
The above statements reflect the general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the major functions of the position and should not be considered a complete description of the essential functions of the position. This Job Description is not intended to be all inclusive. The employee will be assigned by the immediate supervisor to perform other duties as needed or to perform other related duties, including special projects.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field, digital marketing, web/graphic design, communications
- Ability to collaborate with a diverse group of individuals
- Knowledge and experience using design software and Microsoft office programs
- A power-user of all major social media sites (i.e. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn)
- Knowledge and understanding of SEO best practices
- Knowledge of Google Analytics
- Creative and innovative
- Strong organizational skills
- Detail oriented, excellent writing & verbal communication skills
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- 2 years of experience in marketing or sales.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Limited physical effort required but may include occasional standing for periods or time or moving items weighing less than 20 pounds.
- No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
- Duties may require occasional evening and weekend work.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
Applications must include a letter of interest, resume, and a list of 3 professional references and should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 740-826-6131. Please include the position title in the subject line of your correspondence. This position will remain open until filled, with review of candidates to begin immediately.
The University actively seeks out and welcomes faculty and staff who are committed to excellence in teaching and student learning thrive in a collaborative environment of scholars, embrace experiential learning, consider the engagement of diverse communities in the educational experience, and desire to mentor a multicultural student population. As an equal opportunity employer. Muskingum welcomes applications from individuals from populations which have been historically underrepresented in the academy and/or have experience with students from diverse backgrounds.
Muskingum University does not discriminate in its employment or educational programs or activities. Please visit Non-Discrimination Statement | Muskingum University to review the University’s official non-discrimination statement.