Impact Center Executive Director
Muskingum University is seeking an innovative and dynamic professional to provide visionary leadership in the creation and operation of an Impact Center serving as the hub for career readiness. Working closely with and reporting to the Provost, the Executive Director will work with internal partners across campus (the faculty, academic leadership, advancement and alumni offices, student affairs educators) and with external partners (industry, agency and community leaders) to build high-impact experiential learning opportunities for every student. The development of a seamless program of career readiness experiences to ensure that every Muskingum student graduates with the skills, experiences and self-awareness to be successful in attaining employment or graduate school admission will be a core responsibility. To accomplish this goal, the Executive Director will provide programming, resources and consultation to scaffold workforce and career readiness into curricular and co-curricular experiences; will facilitate partnerships with industries and agencies to support a continuum of industry-related work experiences; and will expand the existing internship program. The Executive Director will provide administrative oversight and supervision for career services functions and will establish and use data systems to assess student learning and career outcomes.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THIS POSITION:
- Master’s degree in education, higher education administration, business administration or related field required; doctoral degree preferred.
- Minimum of eight years’ experience in higher education, human resources, agency administration, or related field involving guiding growth and skill development.
- A record of leadership in creating, promoting, implementing and assessing new programs
- Integrative understanding of vocational exploration, career competencies, and high impact educational practices
- Strong interpersonal skills facilitating effective partnerships with internal and external entities and connecting with students from a diversity of backgrounds
- Proficient in the use of databases and software to deliver career services and track outcomes
- Excellent verbal, written, and professional presentation skills
- Creativity, flexibility, persistence, and humor
- Commitment to inclusive excellence as the foundation for development of impactful programs.
- Passion for supporting undergraduate education and preparing students for lifelong learning and careers of the future
This is a full-time administrative position with the option of faculty status for qualified appointees interested in teaching. A flexible schedule will be required to accommodate evening and weekend tasks as needed. Travel is expected to meet with employers, community groups and agencies, and professional associations in local, regional, and national locations.
Muskingum University is an equal opportunity employer, and strongly encourages applications from women and minorities, including populations traditionally underserved by higher education. Appointment to this position is conditional upon the successful completion of a background check through the University's background check agency.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and a list of references to: Lindsay Schafer, Executive Assistant to the Provost; at firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of candidates will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.