HVAC Building Mechanic
Muskingum University invites applications for an HVAC Building Mechanic. This position is responsible for facilities maintenance and assisting in the overall oversight of infrastructure.
Muskingum offers a comprehensive benefits package, such as medical, dental, and vision insurance, term life insurance, and immediate access to tuition remission, subject to program guidelines. More information about benefits is available on the Human Resources website.
- Oversight and troubleshooting of HVAC systems, controls, various alarm systems, heat pumps, refrigeration, and electrical interfaces.
- Conduct inspections, troubleshooting, and necessary maintenance of building systems to ensure a comfortable and safe learning and working environment.
- Retrofitting new systems and diagnosing, servicing, and repairing building automation systems in diverse commercial settings.
- As needed, assist others within the department on building infrastructure maintenance, such as electrical, steam and hot water systems, plumbing, lighting, sound, and other systems.
- Work with others in the department, assess the need for contract usage, and follow through overseeing such services.
The above statements reflect the general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the major functions of the position and should not be considered a complete description of the essential functions of the position. This Job Description is not intended to be all inclusive. The employee will be assigned by the immediate supervisor to perform other duties as needed or to perform other related duties, including special projects.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge and competency of HVAC principles.
- Universal refrigerant recovery license and proper knowledge on the usage of such refrigerants preferred.
- Working knowledge of telecommunication systems.
- Ability to understand how one item may impact a variety of other systems and operations.
- Knowledge and proficiency using a computer.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Self-starter with ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Valid Ohio driver’s license.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications must include a letter of interest, a resume, and a list of 3 professional references, including each reference’s email address, phone number, and a brief description of your relationship to the reference. Application materials should be sent by email to email@example.com or faxed to 740-826-6131. Please include the position title in the subject line of your correspondence. This position will remain open until filled with review of applications to begin immediately.
Muskingum University actively seeks out and welcomes administrators and staff who are committed to excellence in student learning, consider the engagement of diverse communities in the University’s educational programs and activities, and are committed to full inclusivity at the University. As an equal opportunity employer, Muskingum welcomes applications from individuals from populations, which have been historically underrepresented in higher education and/or have experience working with students from diverse backgrounds.
Muskingum University does not discriminate in its employment or educational programs or activities. Please visit https://www.muskingum.edu/non-discrimination-statement to review the university’s official non-discrimination statement.