Human Resources Manager for Recruitment and Compliance
Muskingum University invites applications for the newly reorganized position of Human Resources Manager for Recruitment and Compliance. Reporting to the Assistant Vice President for Human Relations and Risk Management, this position will be responsible for full cycle talent acquisition, including onboarding and offboarding, management of the University disciplinary process, and assistance as a Deputy Title IX Coordinator.
Immediate priorities for this position include evaluating the applicant tracking system to increase effectiveness and efficiency, and creating an onboarding program that immerses successful candidates in the Muskie community. Day-to-day responsibilities will include the following:
Recruitment & Onboarding
- Monitors position controls and provides guidance to the president, provost, vice-presidents, or supervisors seeking to fill vacancies or create new positions.
- Reviews relevant compensation data to ensure competitive and equitable compensation; contributes University salaries to compensation surveys; and analyzes results of compensation surveys.
- Reviews, updates, and maintains all position descriptions and classifications on a regular basis in compliance with federal and state employment laws and regulations.
- Updates all job postings on the Human Resources webpage.
- Reviews applicant materials and participates in interviews and the selection process as necessary.
- Monitors the diversity of applicant pools.
- Manages the documentation process for international employees, including visa applications or extensions and residency changes.
- Collects and processes new-hire paperwork in compliance with relevant regulations, including but not limited to Ohio New Hire, I-9, Employee Authorization, and School District Tax.
- Performs reference checks or verifies that reference checks have been completed. Ensures that background checks are completed and are satisfactory.
- Monitors and approves all correspondence to applicants.
- Provides a complete and welcoming onboarding experience for new employees, including coordination of all required training.
- Ensures timely and sufficient communication to the Payroll Coordinator.
Separation of Employment
- Assists employees who seek to separate from employment on a voluntary basis.
- Manages retiree process, including qualification for retiree benefits and coordination of appropriate planning meetings.
- Receives reports alleging employee misconduct.
- In consultation with the AVP-HRRM, conducts appropriate investigations and issues appropriate disciplinary action in compliance with pertinent laws and University policies.
- Corresponds with other human resources personnel to ensure that all access and benefits are terminated at the appropriate time and that all University property has been returned.
- Ensures compliance with all federal and state laws and regulations, including but not limited to Fair Labor Standards Act, child labor, Ohio New Hire Reporting, I-9, IPEDS, Title IX, and minimum wage.
- Drafts memoranda to update senior leadership regarding compliance issues.
- Serves as a Deputy Title IX Coordinator.
- Assists with investigations or as a hearing officer regarding Title IX or other disciplinary matters as assigned by the AVP-HRRM.
Communications and Record-Keeping
- Collects and maintains all legal personnel data.
- Controls content in and access to personnel files, enters data into electronic personnel system, and runs reports as needed.
- Proposes new or amended policies to the AVP-HRRM as needed.
The above statements reflect the general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the major functions of the position and should not be considered a complete description of the essential functions of the position. This Job Description is not intended to be all inclusive. The employee will be assigned by the immediate supervisor to perform other duties within the Human Resources Office as needed or to perform other reasonable related duties, including special projects.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- BA required in human resources, business administration, or similar field of study.
- 3 years of experience in a same or similar human resources environment.
- Knowledge of federal and state laws and regulations impacting human resources.
- Proven ability to conduct FLSA testing; understand or learn the needs of each hiring supervisor/department; assess the knowledge, skills, and abilities of job applicants; and to identify appropriate and impactful networks to recruit talent.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including oral and written communication.
- Ability to maintain the strictest confidence and avoid conflicts of interest.
- Possess strong analytical skills and be detail-oriented.
- Ability to interact with a diverse group of individuals.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Master’s Degree in Human Resources, MBA, or other similar area of study.
- SHRM or HRCI certification preferred.
- Knowledge of Title IX regulations.
- Experience conducting organizational investigations and applying disciplinary measures.
Applications must include a cover letter describing the candidate’s experience in relation to the stated job responsibilities, a resume, a list of 3 professional references, and a salary request to email@example.com. Please include the position title in the subject line of your email. This position will remain open until filled; however, priority consideration will be given to those who apply prior to May 14, 2021.
The university actively seeks out and welcomes faculty and staff who are committed to excellence in teaching and student learning, thrive in a collaborative environment of scholars, embrace experiential learning, consider the engagement of diverse communities in the educational experience, and desire to mentor a multicultural student population. As an equal opportunity employer, Muskingum welcomes applications from individuals from populations which have been historically underrepresented in the academy and/or have experience working with students from diverse backgrounds.
Muskingum University does not discriminate in its employment or educational programs or activities. Please visit https://www.muskingum.edu/non-discrimination-statement to review the university’s official non-discrimination statement.