Head Wrestling Coach
Muskingum University has an immediate opening for a Head Wrestling Coach. Muskingum University is a Division III member of the NCAA and a member of the Ohio Athletic Conference. The ideal candidate will report to the Director of Athletics and will be responsible for maintaining a quality competitive wrestling program within the philosophy of Muskingum University and the NCAA Division III structure.
- Must work effectively with students, faculty, staff, alumni, and administration of Muskingum University.
- Coordinate the total wrestling program.
- Responsible for recruiting qualified student-athletes under the NCAA and Ohio Athletic Conference guidelines and rules.
- Improve retention of the participants in wrestling from year to year.
- Work thru and with the Director of Athletics on all fund-raising activities and Wrestling camps.
- Responsible to administer the program within the operating budget.
- Home meet management.
- Coordinate travel, meals, and lodging.
- Responsible for the purchasing of equipment and maintaining existing equipment, the organization of a proper inventory control.
- Meet all goals set forth for the recruitment and retention of student/athlete.
- Attend and participate in all departmental meetings.
- Abide by all policies and procedures as set forth in the Department of Athletics and Muskingum University.
The above statements reflect the general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the major functions of the position and should not be considered a complete description of the essential functions of the position. This Job Description is not intended to be all inclusive. The employee will be assigned by the immediate supervisor to perform other duties as needed or to perform other related duties, including special projects.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Competent knowledge and experience in coaching and recruiting the Division III student/athlete.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Personnel management and supervision experience.
- Strong background and knowledge with the sport of wrestling.
- Knowledge of NCAA Division III and Ohio Athletic Conference guidelines and rules.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Health, Physical Education, or related field.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Master’s Degree in Health, Physical Education, or related field.
- Coaching and recruiting experience at the NCAA Division III level.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds to shoulder height and 50 pounds to waist height.
- Occasional stooping, bending, and reaching.
- Duties may require occasional weekend or evening work.
- Some travel will be required.
- Occasionally requires physical exertion to manually move, lift, carry, pull, or push heavy objects or materials.
- Must be able to work in noisy and crowded environments.
Applications must include a letter of interest, resume, and a list of 3 professional references and should be sent by email to email@example.com or faxed to 740-826-6131. Please include the position title in the subject line of your correspondence. This position will remain open until filled, with review of candidates to begin immediately.
The University actively seeks out and welcomes faculty and staff who are committed to excellence in teaching and student learning thrive in a collaborative environment of scholars, embrace experiential learning, consider the engagement of diverse communities in the educational experience, and desire to mentor a multicultural student population. As an equal opportunity employer. Muskingum welcomes applications from individuals from populations which have been historically underrepresented in the academy and/or have experience with students from diverse backgrounds.
Muskingum University does not discriminate in its employment or educational programs or activities. Please visit Non-Discrimination Statement | Muskingum University to review the University’s official non-discrimination statement.