Head Coach - Men's Soccer
Muskingum University invites applications for the position of Head Men's Soccer Coach. This position is responsible for developing and maintaining a comprehensive men’s soccer program within the philosophy of Muskingum University, the NCAA Division III structure, and the Ohio Athletic Conference guidelines. In addition to competitiveness, the coach will emphasize holistic student well-being and be a relentless supporter of Muskingum University and its athletics department.
- Must work effectively with the students, faculty, staff, alumni, and administration of Muskingum University.
- Develop and lead all aspects of the men’s soccer program.
- Recruit prospective students who can succeed academically, athletically, and socially through their own initiative or with the support of available University resources.
- Utilize available resources to maximize student persistence and retention.
- Develop and implement a coaching strategy that promotes athletic growth and competitiveness.
- Coordinate all administrative functions of the program in compliance with University protocols, including equipment maintenance, travel arrangements, and scheduling facilities.
- In collaboration with the Sports Information Director, implement a modern and responsive social media presence.
- Administer the program within its assigned operating budget.
- Collaborate with the Director of Athletics on any team or department fund-raising activities.
- Perform secondary duties as assigned, such as home game management.
- May serve as a lecturer for an appropriate course as assigned by the Athletic Director and the Chair of the Education Department.
- Maintain a collegial work environment with colleagues and regularly attend and participate in departmental meetings.
- Abide by all relevant policies and procedures of the Athletic Department, Muskingum University, the OAC, and the NCAA.
The above statements reflect the general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the major functions of the position and should not be considered a complete description of the essential functions of the position. This Job Description is not intended to be all inclusive. The employee will be assigned by the immediate supervisor to perform other duties as needed or to perform other reasonable related duties, including special projects.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s degree. Master’s degree preferred.
- Prior coaching experience; preferably at the college level and with an understanding of Division III.
- Competent knowledge of and playing experience in soccer.
- Proven ability to develop and implement adaptive recruiting and coaching strategies.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Familiarity with or ability to learn relevant technology, including Microsoft 365 products and industry-specific programs or software.
- A commitment to student engagement in all aspects of the collegiate experience.
- Knowledge of NCAA and the Ohio Athletic Conference rules and regulations.
How to Apply
- Applications must include a letter of interest, a resume, and 3 professional references and should be sent by email to email@example.com or fax to 740-826-6131. Please include the position title in the subject line of your correspondence. This position will remain open until filled, with review of candidates to begin immediately.
- Muskingum University actively seeks out and welcomes administrators and staff who are committed to excellence in student learning, consider the engagement of diverse communities in the University’s educational programs and activities, and are committed to full inclusivity at the University. As an equal opportunity employer, Muskingum welcomes applications from individuals from populations, which have been historically underrepresented in higher education and/or have experience working with students from diverse backgrounds.
- Muskingum University does not discriminate in its employment or educational programs or activities. Please visit https://www.muskingum.edu/non-discrimination-statement to review the university’s official non-discrimination statement.