Head Athletic Trainer
Muskingum University invites applications in the department of intercollegiate athletics for a full-time Head Athletic Trainer. Muskingum University is a Division III member of the NCAA, and a member of the ten school Ohio Athletic Conference. The successful candidate will provide oversight and be a part of the professional staff providing Athletic Training services to the student-athletes and teams of Muskingum University. The position reports to Director of Athletics and the Team Physician.
- Responsible for the prevention, evaluation, clinical diagnosis, care, and rehabilitation of injuries to the participants of Muskingum University Athletics.
- Provide or arrange for the appropriate medical coverage of varsity and junior varsity athletic practices and events in both traditional and non-traditional seasons.
- Recruit, select, assign, mentor, evaluate, and supervise the athletic training staff.
- Maintain and supervise athletic training room operations, including record-keeping and inventory of equipment and supplies, and oversee budget.
- Develop, review, and oversee the implementation of policies and procedures related to the athletic training department.
- Provide a clinical education opportunity for athletic training students; serve as ATP Preceptor.
- Abide by all policies and procedures set forth by the Ohio OT/PT/AT Board, the NCAA, the OAC, and the Muskingum University.
- Attend and participate in department meetings; represent the Institution at OAC meeting of athletic trainers.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required: Master’s Degree in Athletic Training is preferred.
- Must be NATA-BOC Certified.
- Must hold a valid license to practice Athletic Training in the State of Ohio.
- Certified in CPR.
Please send cover letter, resume, and a list of references to Steven D. Brockelbank, VP and Director of Athletics, StevenB@muskingum.edu or materials can also be faxed to 740-826-8300.