Muskingum University is accepting applications for a groundskeeper. This position is responsible for campus-wide grounds maintenance, upkeep, and preventative care.
- Mow, rake, and maintain lawns in a professional manner using proper mowing, weed eating, and edging techniques.
- Maintain ground cover, shrubs, trees, and flowers, including tree and shrub trimming and removal.
- Snow removal using equipment and hand tools as needed.
- Clean, repair, and maintain parking lots, roads, and catch basins.
- Construct and repair fences, guardrails, gates, etc.
- Design, lay out, and install shrubs and flower beds.
- Layout and preparation of athletic fields.
- Replace campus lighting components, lamps, and globes.
- Supervise student labor.
- Litter and trash pickup.
- Keep tools and equipment in good condition and maintenance.
- Assist in repair and maintenance of grounds equipment and fleet vehicles.
- Event set-up as required, assist in moving tents, stage, tables, chairs, etc.
- Move furniture about the campus as needed.
The above statements reflect the general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the major functions of the position and should not be considered a complete description of the essential functions of the position. This Job Description is not intended to be all inclusive. The employee will be assigned by the immediate supervisor to perform other duties as needed or to perform other reasonably related duties, including special projects.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to perform manual tasks requiring moderate strength.
- Ability to operate mechanical equipment safely and correctly.
- Valid Ohio Driver’s License and ability to be insured under the University's auto insurance policy.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications must include a letter of interest, a resume, and 3 professional references. The list of references should include each reference's email address, phone number, and a brief description of your relationship to the reference. Applications should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 740-826-6131. Please include the position title in the subject line of your correspondence. This position will remain open until filled, with review of candidates to begin immediately.
Muskingum University actively seeks out and welcomes administrators and staff who are committed to excellence in student learning, consider the engagement of diverse communities in the University’s educational programs and activities, and are committed to full inclusivity at the University. As an equal opportunity employer, Muskingum welcomes applications from individuals from populations, which have been historically underrepresented in higher education and/or have experience working with students from diverse backgrounds.
Muskingum University does not discriminate in its employment or educational programs or activities. Please visit https://www.muskingum.edu/non-discrimination-statement to review the university’s official non-discrimination statement.