Muskingum University is seeking a full-time groundskeeper who will be responsible for campus-wide grounds maintenance, upkeep, and preventative care. This position reports to the Grounds Supervisor in Physical Plant.
- Mow, rake, and maintain lawns in a professional manner using proper mowing, weed eating, and edging techniques.
- Maintain ground cover shrubs, flowers, and trees, which will include tree and shrub trimming and removal.
- Snow removal, using equipment and hand tools as needed.
- Clean, repair, and maintain parking lots, roads, and catch basins.
- Construct and repair fences, guardrails, gates, etc.
- Design, layout, and installation of shrub and flower beds.
- Layout and preparation of athletic fields.
- Replace campus lighting components, lamps, and globes.
- Supervise student labor.
- Litter and trash pickup.
- Keep tools and equipment in good condition and maintenance.
- Assist in repair and maintenance of grounds equipment and fleet vehicles.
- Event set-ups as required, assist in moving tents, stage, tables, chairs, etc.
- Move furniture about the campus as needed.
- Assist with other Physical Plant trades as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills/Requirements for this position:
- Ability to perform manual tasks requiring moderate physical strength.
- Ability to operate mechanical equipment safely and correctly.
- Ability to follow simple oral and written instructions.
- Ability to mow, edge, weed, trim, and remove snow.
- Working knowledge of buildings and grounds maintenance.
- Knowledge of safe use of equipment.
- Position requires a flexible work schedule, with occasional evenings and weekend work required.
- Ability to work outside in all types of weather.
- Must have and maintain a valid Ohio driver’s license and be insurable through the University’s carrier.
Typical work schedule is Monday through Friday, 7:00 am-4:30 pm. Please fax resume or application to the Human Resources Department at 740-826-6131 or email HR@muskingum.edu