Graduate Assistant Wrestling Coach
Muskingum University invites applications for a Graduate Assistant in Athletics for Wrestling. Muskingum University is a Division III member of the NCAA and a member of the Ohio Athletic Conference. The successful candidate will report to the Head Wrestling Coach and the Vice President and Director of Athletics and will be responsible for aiding the Head Coach in all designated areas and supporting home game administration responsibilities.
- Help conduct pre-season and post-season conditioning, lifting, and non-traditional practice sessions.
- Assist in all practice planning and execution during the traditional and non-traditional practices.
- Assist the head coach with opponent scouting and match preparation.
- Coordinate recruiting efforts including mailings, phone calls, and campus visits.
- Assist the head coach in match and travel preparations.
- Assist the head coach with all recruiting efforts (Front Rush), especially in the fall semester at the beginning of the academic year.
- Abide by all policies and procedures as set forth in the University Student Handbook, the Student-Athlete Handbook and the Policy and Procedure Manual of the Athletic Department.
The above statements reflect the general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the major functions of the position and should not be considered a complete description of the essential functions of the position. This Job Description is not intended to be all inclusive. The employee will be assigned by the immediate supervisor to perform other duties as needed or to perform other reasonably-related duties, including special projects.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Undergraduate degree, preferably in education.
- Acceptance into Muskingum College Graduate Program.
- Strong collegiate background in wrestling.
- Ability to work with Front Rush, Hudl, etc.
- Desire to coach within the NCAA Division III philosophy and the OAC guidelines as a private liberal arts institution and to be an active member of the athletic department and the University community.
- Good organizational and management skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
Applications must include a letter of interest, resume, and a list of 3 professional references and should be sent by email to email@example.com or fax to 740-826-8300. Please include the position title in the subject line of your correspondence. This position will remain open until filled, with review of candidates to begin immediately.
The university actively seeks out and welcomes faculty and staff who are committed to excellence in teaching and student learning, thrive in a collaborative environment of scholars, embrace experiential learning, consider the engagement of diverse communities in the educational experience, and desire to mentor a multicultural student population. As an equal opportunity employer, Muskingum welcomes applications from individuals from populations which have been historically underrepresented in the academy and/or have experience working with students from diverse backgrounds.
Muskingum University does not discriminate in its employment or educational programs or activities. Please visit https://www.muskingum.edu/non-discrimination-statement to review the university’s official non-discrimination statement.