Graduate Assistant Volleyball
Muskingum University invites applicants for a Graduate Assistant in Volleyball. This position will serve as an assistant volleyball coach to aid the head coach in all designated areas; within the philosophy of Muskingum University, the NCAA Division III structure, and the Ohio Athletic Conference guidelines. In addition to competitiveness, the Graduate Assistant will emphasize holistic student well-being and be a relentless supporter of Muskingum University and its athletics department.
- Participate in all aspects of recruiting prospective student-athletes and coordinate recruiting efforts such as, mailings, Front Rush, texts/calls, off campus evaluations, and campus visits.
- Assist with all practice planning and execution during the traditional and non-traditional seasons.
- Assist the head coach in game and travel preparations.
- Assist the head coach with opponent scouting and film breakdowns.
- Assist the head coach with game preparation.
- Assist with conducting pre-season, in-season, and post-season conditioning/lifting, within the guidelines and bylaws of the NCAA Division III and the Ohio Athletic Conference.
The above statements reflect the general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the major functions of the position and should not be considered a complete description of the essential functions of the position. This Job Description is not intended to be all inclusive. The employee will be assigned by the immediate supervisor to perform other duties as needed or to perform other reasonable related duties, including special projects.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Undergraduate degree.
- Acceptance or ability to be accepted into Muskingum University Graduate Program.
- Strong collegiate background in volleyball.
- Good organizational and leadership skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as interpersonal skills.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications must include a letter of interest, a resume, and a list of 3 professional references, including each reference’s email address, phone number, and a brief description of your relationship to the reference. Application materials should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 740-826-6131. Please include the position title in the subject line of your correspondence. This position will remain open until filled with review of applications to begin immediately.
Muskingum University actively seeks out and welcomes administrators and staff who are committed to excellence in student learning, consider the engagement of diverse communities in the University’s educational programs and activities, and are committed to full inclusivity at the University. As an equal opportunity employer, Muskingum welcomes applications from individuals from populations, which have been historically underrepresented in higher education and/or have experience working with students from diverse backgrounds.
Muskingum University does not discriminate in its employment or educational programs or activities. Please visit https://www.muskingum.edu/non-discrimination-statement to review the university’s official non-discrimination statement.