Graduate Assistant Esports
Muskingum University invites applications for a Graduate Assistant in Esports. Muskingum University is a Division III member of the NCAA and a member of the Ohio Athletic Conference. The successful candidate will report to the Director of Esports and will be responsible for aiding the Director in maintaining a competitive Varsity Esports program within the philosophy of Muskingum University.
- Recruitment of prospective student-athletes.
- Coordinate recruiting efforts including mailings, front rush, texts/calls, off campus evaluations, and campus visits.
- Assist with all practice planning and execution.
- Prepare E-Sport student-athletes for NACE, GLEC, Tespa, or other competition and tournaments.
- Assist the head coach in game and travel preparations.
- Assist the head coach with opponent scouting.
- Assist the head coach with game preparation.
- Instruct student-athletes on game strategies and performance principles.
- Abide by all policies and procedures as set forth in the Department of Athletics and Muskingum University.
The above statements reflect the general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the major functions of the position and should not be considered a complete description of the essential functions of the position. This job description is not intended to be all inclusive. The employee will be assigned by the immediate supervisor to perform other duties as needed or to perform other related duties, including special projects.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Undergraduate degree.
- Acceptance into Muskingum University Graduate Program.
- Good organizational and management skills.
- Ability to utilize resources, data, and tools effectively.
- Good communication and telephone skills.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Limited physical effort required but may include occasional standing for periods of time or moving items weighing less than 25 pounds.
- No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- Duties may require occasional evening and weekend work.
Applications must include a letter of interest, resume, and a list of 3 professional references and should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 740-826-6131. Please include the position title in the subject line of your correspondence. This position will remain open until filled, with review of candidates to begin immediately.
The University actively seeks out and welcomes faculty and staff who are committed to excellence in teaching and student learning thrive in a collaborative environment of scholars, embrace experiential learning, consider the engagement of diverse communities in the educational experience, and desire to mentor a multicultural student population. As an equal opportunity employer. Muskingum welcomes applications from individuals from populations which have been historically underrepresented in the academy and/or have experience with students from diverse backgrounds.
Muskingum University does not discriminate in its employment or educational programs or activities. Please visit Non-Discrimination Statement | Muskingum University to review the University’s official non-discrimination statement.