General Maintenance Worker
Muskingum University is seeking a full-time general maintenance worker. This position reports to the Superintendent of Campus Facilities and Grounds. Working in tandem with the grounds and maintenance teams, the general maintenance worker will maintain, repair, and provide preventative care for the grounds, buildings, and equipment of the campus.
- Maintain the integrity of buildings and building components through work orders, preventative maintenance, cleaning, and scheduled maintenance.
- Maintain campus grounds on as-needed basis (mowing, weed-eating, athletic fields, snow removal etc.).Clean, repair, and maintain parking lots, roads and catch basins.
- Construct and repair fences, guardrails, gates, etc.
- Assist with all Physical Plant trades and cross-train.
- Replace/Install campus lighting components, lamps, and globes.
- Supervise student workers as assigned. Assign tasks monitor work, provide feedback and evaluate work.
- Ensure tools and equipment remain in good condition, repair and maintain campus HVAC equipment and associated components.
- Complete maintenance tasks from work orders or direction from building and equipment staff of university campus.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills/Requirements for this position:
- Ability to perform manual tasks requiring moderate physical strength and lifting.
- Safely and correctly use machines and tools for general repairs and maintenance.
- Working knowledge of buildings and grounds and maintenance.
- Ability to mow, edge, trim, remove snow and complete maintenance tasks.
- Ability to follow complex directions.
- Ability to erect and work with scaffolding and ladders, power equipment and working in tight and enclosed spaces.
- Ability to work for two (2) supervisors and switch positions, co-workers, and duties as appropriate.
- Ability to prioritize and respond to requests according to urgency.
- Must have and maintain a valid Ohio driver’s license and be insurable through the university carrier.
Work schedule is 4–10-hour days with rotating weekends. Please fax resume or application to the Human Resources Department at 740-826-6131 or email.