Financial Literacy Educator
Muskingum University is seeking a creative and collaborative professional to serve as a Financial Literacy Educator. Reporting to the Dean of Student Educational Services, this professional serves as a resource to prospective and current students helping to prepare them for success in managing the financial, academic, and self-management demands of higher education. The Financial Literacy Educator works in partnership with the Financial Aid office to support student and family financial literacy and with faculty and student life staff to develop educational programs and curricular linkages to produce financially literate graduates. This is a half -time 12-month position.
- Work with faculty and staff educators to develop and implement financial literacy programming for undergraduate students at all levels (first through final year), creating a sequence of opportunities to learn and apply financial skills.
- Educate faculty and staff about financial aid and college affordability to improve advising and student support.
- Create support materials for campus educators on financial aid policies and processes.
- Provide outreach to current and prospective students and families to increase understanding of financial aid processes and college affordability.
- Work directly with individual students and families to provide curricular and educational interventions that will support continued enrollment and reduce financial stressors.
- Create a money matters micro-credential to provide incentives for students to expand financial self-management knowledge and skills
- Engage in a robust practice of assessing student learning around financial literacy and faculty/staff knowledge and advising related to financial resources
SKILLS/REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS POSITION:
Minimum qualifications include a Bachelors’ degree in a relevant field, and at least two years of experience in higher education, preferably in financial aid, student accounts, college access, or student support services. A solid understanding of financial aid, consumer credit, and financial products used by the college student population is expected. Prior experience in developing educational programs is highly desired. Candidates must have excellent interpersonal skills to engender trust from students and families, as well as faculty and staff educators. An equal opportunity employer, Muskingum University strongly encourages applications from women and minorities, including populations traditionally underserved by higher education
Muskingum is a comprehensive university with a strong liberal arts tradition located just seventy miles east of Columbus, Ohio, in the village of New Concord. The university’s total undergraduate, graduate, and adult-learner student population is approximately 3,000. The university actively seeks out and welcomes faculty and staff who are committed to inclusive excellence in teaching and student learning, thrive in a collaborative environment of scholars, consider the engagement of diverse communities in the educational experience, and desire to mentor a multicultural student population.
Appointment to this position is conditional upon the successful completion of a background check through the University's background check agency. Please send cover letter, resume, and a list of references to firstname.lastname@example.org Review of candidates will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.