Financial Aid Assistant
Muskingum University invites applications for a Financial Aid Assistant. This position will assist with management of the daily student financial services operations.
- Open, log in, and distribute daily mail.
- Responsible for daily import of data and ISIRs.
- Process financial aid offers and accompanying correspondence for all students.
- Primary student loan processor, including helping students’ complete loan counseling and promissory notes.
- Primary State Grant Processor.
- In coordination with the Director, responsible for office mass communication to students.
- Responsible for file maintenance, including new student clearance.
- Responsible for office supply inventory and ordering.
The above statements reflect the general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the major functions of the position and should not be considered a complete description of the essential functions of the position. This Job Description is not intended to be all inclusive. The employee will be assigned by the immediate supervisor to perform other duties as needed or to perform other reasonable related duties, including special projects.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to perform basic math functions accurately and on a regular basis.
- Ability to understand and apply University policies and federal regulations.
- Proven ability to use Microsoft 365 products, particularly Word, Excel, and Outlook, and other general web-based or computer programs.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications must include a letter of interest, a resume, and 3 professional references. The list of references should include each reference's email address, phone number, and a brief description of your relationship to the reference. Applications should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 740-826-6131. Please include the position title in the subject line of your correspondence. This position will remain open until filled, with review of candidates to begin on February 10, 2023.
Muskingum University actively seeks out and welcomes administrators and staff who are committed to excellence in student learning, consider the engagement of diverse communities in the University’s educational programs and activities, and are committed to full inclusivity at the University. As an equal opportunity employer, Muskingum welcomes applications from individuals from populations, which have been historically underrepresented in higher education and/or have experience working with students from diverse backgrounds.
Muskingum University does not discriminate in its employment or educational programs or activities. Please visit https://www.muskingum.edu/non-discrimination-statement to review the university’s official non-discrimination statement.