Executive Director of Diversity, Access, and Inclusion
Muskingum University seeks an energetic and visionary professional to lead initiatives that will guide the institution in fulfilling our commitment to inclusive excellence. Reporting to the Provost, the Executive Director will be an integral member of the Inclusive Excellence Council and will collaborate with offices across campus to develop policy statements and processes to ensure equity for all members of the campus community. The Executive Director will work with student leaders, faculty members, student affairs educators, administrators, and other members of the campus community to develop and expand organizations, activities, and educational programs that create an environment of affirmation and equity. In collaboration with the admissions team, the DAI Executive Director will assist in developing approaches for engaging and enrolling students with diverse backgrounds, interests, and experiences, while collaboration with the student success team will expand campus-wide understanding of structures and supports that will help all students to persist and thrive as members of the Muskingum learning community.
SKILLS/REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS POSITION:
- Master’s degree in student personnel, higher education or related field with at least 5 years of progressively responsible experience leading diversity and equity programs. Doctorate preferred.
- Demonstrated commitment to access, diversity, equity, inclusion, and social justice
- Competency in working with individuals and groups with a wide array of identity and life experiences, including gender, sexuality, class, race/ethnicity, disability, culture, and religion
- Experience in developing and implementing policies supporting diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Proficiency in program evaluation and use of data to inform decisions
- Effective skills in presenting educational programs to campus and community groups
- Understanding of the values and dynamics of a small, liberal arts residential campus
- Flexibility, creativity, and humor
- Experience in student recruitment and serving as an ambassador for the institution
- Established record of collegial and productive collaboration as a member of cross-disciplinary teams
- Occasional weekend and evening work and some travel will be required.
ABOUT THE INSTITUTION:
Muskingum University, a comprehensive university founded in 1837 in the liberal arts tradition, is located seventy miles east of Columbus, Ohio, in the village of New Concord. The university's total undergraduate, graduate, and adult-learner student population is approximately 3,000. The residential campus houses approximately 850 students, or 70% of the undergraduate population. Undergraduate students are engaged in a diverse array of social and academic organizations, including a vibrant Greek community, multiple organizations serving diverse populations, and service and leadership societies. Nearly 50% of the student population is involved in athletics, including 21 NCAA Division III teams, intramurals, and a newly launched eSports team.
The university actively seeks out and welcomes faculty and staff who are committed to excellence in teaching and student learning, thrive in a collaborative environment of scholars, embrace experiential learning, consider the engagement of diverse communities in the educational experience, and desire to mentor a multicultural student population. As an equal opportunity employer, Muskingum encourages applications from women, people of color and other populations traditionally underserved by higher education.
Candidates should send a cover letter that describes their fulfillment of the position qualifications, resume, and a list of references noting relation to the applicant to email@example.com. Review of candidates will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Muskingum University does not discriminate in its employment or educational programs or activities. Please visit https://www.muskingum.edu/non-discrimination-statement to review the university’s official non-discrimination statement.