Executive Assistant to the Provost
Muskingum University invites applications for the position of Executive Assistant to the Provost, Academic Affairs. The Executive Assistant manages multiple administrative support functions essential to the operation of academic and student affairs at Muskingum University. Working closely with, and reporting to, the Provost, the Executive Assistant manages operational systems related to faculty hiring, review and promotion processes, and professional development with accuracy and confidentiality, manages budget operations, supports logistics and outreach for academic affairs events, maintains website and outreach materials, and serves as overall office manager.
- Bachelor’s degree plus at least five years of experience in progressively more responsible administrative support positions;
- Present a flexible, outgoing and engaging demeanor to students, faculty, staff and other internal and external audiences:
- Ability to maintain focus and positive energy in a fast-paced office environment;
- Maintain impeccable level of confidentiality on personal and system levels;
- Excellent written, verbal, computer and organizational systems skills, and ability to multi-task;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office skills including Excel, Outlook, Access, and PowerPoint is required to produce professional written documents and to collect, analyze and report on data.
- Understanding of a small, liberal arts, residential campus;
- Support Muskingum University’s mission and commitment to inclusive excellence;
This is a full-time, 12-month position with a standard university benefits package. Occasional weekend and evening work are required. To apply, send a letter of application, current resume, and names and contact information for three professional references. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Send application materials to: Kathy Moore, Human Resources Manager, Muskingum University, 163 Stormont Street, New Concord, Ohio 43762, or email email@example.com.
Muskingum University, a comprehensive institution with a strong liberal arts tradition, is located just seventy miles east of Columbus, Ohio, in the village of New Concord. Founded in 1837, the university's total undergraduate, graduate, and adult-learner student population is approximately 3,000. Muskingum is an equal opportunity employer and encourages candidates from populations traditionally underserved by higher education to apply.