Executive Assistant to the Provost
Muskingum University seeks a dynamic and creative professional to serve in the position of Executive Assistant to the Provost. The Executive Assistant supports the smooth running of the Academic Affairs division by conducting all operations of the office with a high level of professionalism, accuracy, and quality.
- Manage the Provost's calendar and balance time commitments in accordance with the Provost’s priorities.
- Be knowledgeable about academic and institutional policies and practices to respond to inquiries accurately and independently and manage the Provost’s work flow.
- Ensure prompt responses and/or follow through on requests for decision and action.
- Manage, track, and coordinate the interview, sabbatical, periodic review, tenure and promotion processes, and other events in the academic calendar.
- Manage the operational and financial aspects of the Provost’s Office, including processing stipend and check requests, purchase orders, and expense reimbursements, with appropriate approvals in accordance with University policies and procedures.
- Coordinate and collaborate in the planning and implementation of academic and related University events.
The above statements reflect the general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the major functions of the position and should not be considered a complete description of the essential functions of the position. This Job Description is not intended to be all inclusive. The employee will be assigned by the immediate supervisor to perform other duties as needed or to perform other reasonably-related duties, including special projects.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Associate Degree in Office Administration or related field; bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Experience in providing advanced or executive-level administrative support. Experience in an educational setting preferred.
- Ability to follow complex oral and written directions, prioritize multiple projects and assignments, meet deadlines, anticipate workflow, and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent technology skills, including demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 products, office management programs, databases, internet, and social media sites. Substantial experience using Microsoft Teams preferred.
- Ability to interact effectively with a wide variety of people, demonstrating intercultural competence and a thoughtful communication style.
- Ability to exercise appropriate discretion and high ethical standards in all interactions while maintaining appropriate confidentiality.
- Demonstrated reliability and meticulous attention to detail.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications must include a letter of interest and a current resume. If not included, references may be requested. Application materials should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 740-826-6131. Please include the position title in the subject line of your correspondence. This position will remain open until filled with review of applications to begin immediately.
Muskingum University actively seeks out and welcomes administrators and staff who are committed to excellence in student learning, consider the engagement of diverse communities in the University’s educational programs and activities, and are committed to full inclusivity at the University. As an equal opportunity employer, Muskingum welcomes applications from individuals from populations, which have been historically underrepresented in higher education and/or have experience working with students from diverse backgrounds.
Muskingum University does not discriminate in its employment or educational programs or activities. Please visit https://www.muskingum.edu/non-discrimination-statement to review the university’s official non-discrimination statement.