Director of Residence Life
Muskingum University is searching for the next Director of Residence Life who will serve in the Student Affairs division under the Dean of Students. The Director's primary responsibility will be to serve as a professional contact for students who live in the residence facilities (halls, Townhouses, Lakeside houses) on campus. Act as an integral member of the Student Affairs team that provides a program designed to support and enhance student success.
- Assume overall coordination and management of residence hall facilities and other housing facilities within the residence life program.
- Supervise and evaluate four professional Area Coordinators and the Housing Coordinator.
- Responsible for coordination of Room Draw process in the Spring semester.
- Coordinate Residence Life budget including staffing, programming initiatives, etc.
- Develop and implement Area Coordinator training.
- Develop and maintain Area Coordinator manual.
- Develop and implement training for residence hall staffs as needed, in coordination with Area Coordinators.
- Update all contracts, documents, etc. used by the department.
- Act as primary professional contact with students, parents, faculty and staff for residential issues.
- Respond to student personal crises as needed.
- Serve on all campus duty rotation.
- Coordinate educational and social programming for students in residence facilities; especially first year student programming.
- Liaison between Center for Advancement of Learning and Student Affairs program.
- Promote, coordinate, and deliver academic support initiatives.
- Maintain residence hall furniture inventory including managing purchasing of new furniture as necessary.
- Serve on Behavioral Assessment and Intervention Team
- Participate in Student Affairs programming initiatives.
- Assist in University wide programs, as necessary.
- Serve as a generalist in Student Affairs.
- Serve on University committees, as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS/REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS POSITION:
- Master's degree in Counseling, Student Personnel, or related field.
- Must have 3-5 years of experience in Student Affairs, primarily in residence life.
- Understanding of small, liberal arts residential campus.
- Must be a team player and interact collegially with co-workers and other constituencies.
- Weekend and evening work are vital to the success of this position.
This is a twelve month position. Compensation includes a furnished house and a meal allowance. To apply, submit cover letter, resume and professional references to Kerry Guerard, Assistant Dean of Students, Muskingum University, 163 Stormont Street, New Concord, OH 43762 or by
e-mail: email@example.com. Review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Muskingum University is an equal opportunity employer.