Director of MISST
Muskingum University invites applications for a dynamic academic leader to design and implement innovative programming in informatics, business and strategy. This administrative position with faculty status will be filled best by a candidate with a strong background in both business and technology, and by one who brings experience and vision in program development as Muskingum continues to reshape and strengthen its Master's Degree in Systems, Strategies and Technology (MISST) while also developing innovative new programming options as both the undergraduate and graduate level.
This is a twelve-month administrative appointment which includes faculty rank and responsibilities as an assistant or associate professor in both our graduate and undergraduate level programs in business, computer science, and/or information systems. The candidate will be expected to guide our students as an advisor and mentor throughout their Muskingum educational experience, to participate in respective professional organizations, and to be committed to their own professional growth and development.
- A doctorate is preferred; a master's degree in business and/or technology is required.
- Seven years or more of related experience is preferred; a minimum of 5 years of experience is required.
- A deep understanding of today’s work environment; the use of technology to deliver business strategy.
- Experience in strategic planning and program development.
- Demonstrate strong leadership, team building, presentation and relationship-building skills in a collaborative setting.
- Understand the education needs of the tradition undergraduate, and of adults and working professionals.
- A business acumen with a strategic ability.
- Strong organizational skills.
- An analytical mindset with great problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Creative and flexible.
- Expertise in online teaching and learning.
- Make decisions with sound judgment and a realistic understanding of issues.
An equal opportunity employer, Muskingum University strongly encourages applications from women and minorities, including populations traditionally underserved by higher education. Appointment to this position is conditional upon the successful completion of a background check through the University's background check agency.
Please send cover letter, resume, and a list of references to: Janeen Eno, Assistant to the Vice President of Graduate & Continuing Studies. Materials should be sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of candidates will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.