Director of Diversity, Access, and Inclusion
Muskingum University seeks an energetic and creative professional to lead initiatives that will guide the institution in fulfilling our commitment to inclusive excellence. The director will report to the Associate Provost for Student Affairs, and will work with all members of the campus community to develop and expand organizations, activities, and educational programs that provide affirmation and inclusion.
The director will be an integral member of the Student Affairs leadership team in providing division-wide programs to enhance engagement and student success; will serve as a member of the campus-wide student success team; and will serve as a generalist in staffing student life functions.
The director will work closely with the admissions team in supporting partnerships with organizations and communities that connect students with diverse backgrounds, interests, and experiences with higher education opportunities.
SKILLS/REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS POSITION:
- Master’s degree in student personnel, higher education or related field with 3-5 years progressively responsible experience working with underrepresented students
- Demonstrated commitment to access, diversity, equity, inclusion, and social justice
- Competency in working with individuals and groups with a wide array of identity and life experiences, including gender, sexuality, class, race/ethnicity, disability, culture, and religion
- Understanding of the values and dynamics of a small, liberal arts residential campus
- Interpersonal and communication skills that support a high level of team functioning
- Flexibility, creativity, and humor
- Fluent with office software and data analysis tools
- Weekend and evening work are vital to the success of this position.
ABOUT THE INSTITUTION:
Muskingum University, a comprehensive university founded in 1837 in the liberal arts tradition, is located seventy miles east of Columbus, Ohio, in the village of New Concord. The university's total undergraduate, graduate, and adult-learner student population is approximately 3,000. The residential campus houses approximately 850 students, or 70% of the undergraduate population. Undergraduate students are engaged in a diverse array of social and academic organizations, including a vibrant Greek community, Black Student Union, gaming, and service and leadership societies. Nearly 50% of the student population is involved in athletics, including 21 NCAA Division III teams, intramurals, and a newly launched eSports team.
Muskingum University is an equal opportunity employer, and strongly encourages applications from women and minorities, including populations traditionally underserved by higher education. Appointment to this position is conditional upon the successful completion of a background check through the University's background check agency.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and a list of references to: Kathy Moore, Human Resources Manager; Muskingum University, 163 Stormont St., New Concord, OH 43762. Materials can be sent electronically to email@example.com or faxed to 740-826-6131. Review of candidates will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.