Custodial Services Shift Supervisor
Muskingum University invites applications for a Custodial Services Shift Supervisor. The ideal candidate will serve on the leadership team of the Physical Plant. The Shift Supervisor will be responsible for maintaining all assigned buildings in a clean and healthy condition while keeping Muskingum University compliant with government regulations.
- Comply with regulatory agency custodial and housekeeping requirements (chemical hygiene, hazardous material, OSHA, MSDS, Bloodborne Pathogens, Universal Precautions)
- Assure ASDS are current and posted and staff is using appropriate techniques, products, equipment and procedures to meet regulatory requirements.
- Train custodians in safe, efficient and healthy custodial procedures, routines and practices to assure clean and sanitary campus buildings.
- Maintain records of completed work, work in progress, and costs.
- Perform staff performance evaluations; delegate; responsible for time sheets, overtime tracking; attendance; performance.
- Assess and develop and implement work practices that will ensure target levels of cleaning and sanitation are attained while best utilizing available resources.
- Work within budget limitations, utilize credit card system for purchases.
- Make recommendations regarding appropriate supplies and equipment.
- Participate in the leadership management team of physical plant department.
- Supervise and provide leadership for third shift custodians.
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of the current best practices available for cleaning.
- Respond to emergency calls at any location on campus. Stabilize the situation or have Campus Police utilize the emergency call in procedure.
The above statements reflect the general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the major functions of the position and should not be considered a complete description of the essential functions of the position. This job description is not intended to be all inclusive. The employee will be assigned by the immediate supervisor to perform other duties as needed or to perform other reasonably-related duties, including special projects.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Current knowledge of government regulations
- Ability to supervise and set a good example; provide feedback; provide good leadership; delegate, arbitrate, organize.
- Good knowledge of custodial and sanitation practices.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Computer user skills.
- Ability to perform manual tasks requiring moderate strength.
- Must have and maintain a valid Ohio driver’s license and be insurable through the University carrier.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Duties may require working irregular hours, occasional evening and weekend work.
- May require continuous moderate with some strenuous physical exertion.
- May require prolonged standing, climbing, crawling, and regularly lifting objects weighing over 50 pounds.
- May require exposure to hazardous materials.
- May be subject to environmental discomfort such as loud noises, and/or extreme heat or cold.
Applications must include a letter of interest, resume, and a list of 3 professional references and should be sent to email@example.com or faxed to 740-826-6131. Please include the position title in the subject line of your correspondence. This position will remain open until filled, with review of candidates to begin immediately.
Muskingum University actively seeks out and welcomes administrators and staff who are committed to excellence in student learning, consider the engagement of diverse communities in the University’s educational program and activities, and are committed to full inclusivity at the University. As an equal opportunity employer, Muskingum welcomes applications from individuals from populations, which have been historically underrepresented in higher education and/or have experience working with students from diverse backgrounds.
Muskingum University does not discriminate in its employment or educational programs or activities. Please visit Non-Discrimination Statement | Muskingum University to review the University’s official non-discrimination statement