Coordinator of Graduate and Continuing Studies Programs in Nursing
With a growing roster of programs designed to prepare adult students for careers in nursing, the Graduate & Continuing Studies division at Muskingum University announces an exciting new full-time position for a Coordinator of GCS Programs in Nursing, including the RN-to-BSN and the ABSN programs.
Having recently been awarded a WORC grant by the US Department of Labor, the rate of growth in our nursing programs is expected to rise significantly over the next several years.
With primary responsibility for facilitating student recruitment and retention into these programs, the new Nursing Coordinator will be joining an experienced, creative, and goal-oriented team with a proud record for success. The best candidate for this position will bring the capacity for and a strong commitment to working collaboratively within a team and with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
This is a twelve-month administrative appointment with some limited teaching responsibilities. The position reports directly to the Vice President for Graduate & Continuing Studies.
- Achieve annual enrollment goals for nursing programs for adult students
- Coordinate academic support of GCS students, including:
- Admission tracking
- Academic advising
- Transfer credit evaluation
- Development of individual student degree completion plans
- Tracking student registration, academic progress, academic standing and degree completion
- Maintain student records in compliance with regulatory and accreditation requirements of OBN and CCNE
- Represent nursing programs on the GCS Academic Administration Team.
- Assist in developing a schedule of classes for adult students in GCS nursing programs
- Assist in planning commencement and other annual events
- Attends recruitment events to promote the GCS nursing programs
- Develop organizational relationships with two-year community colleges and other appropriate agencies, including healthcare systems.
- Supports articulation agreement advancement with specific programmatic agreements as requested
- Identify and assist in development of new program initiatives
- Work with GCS marketing and other recruitment staff to advise design and implementation of marketing and recruitment plan for GCS nursing programs
- Support recruitment to all programs offered at Muskingum University
- Work with the Nursing Department to recruit and maintain faculty for the GCS nursing programs
- Teach select nursing program courses if qualified
The above statements reflect the general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the major functions of the position and should not be considered a complete description of the essential functions of the position. This job description is not intended to be all inclusive. The employee will be assigned by the immediate supervisor to perform other duties as needed or to perform other related duties, including special projects.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- RN with MSN preferred
- Recruiting experience preferably with adult students
- Client-service orientation
- Ability to collect and analyze data
- Experience in designing and implementing successful strategies to achieve goals
- Proven record of building relationships with other organizations
- Demonstrates compelling communication skills
- Demonstrates leadership and team-building skills
- Anticipates problems and develops organizational/cultural solutions
- Experience in developing and implementing strategies incorporating external factors, stakeholder needs and situational complexities
- Experience in teaching at the post-secondary level
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Limited physical effort required but may include occasional standing for periods of time or moving items weighing less than 25 pounds.
- No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- Duties may require occasional evening and weekend work.
Applications must include a letter of interest, resume, and a list of 3 professional references and should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 740-826-6131. Please include the position title in the subject line of your correspondence. This position will remain open until filled, with review of candidates to begin immediately.
Muskingum University actively seeks out and welcomes administrators and staff who are committed to excellence in student learning, consider the engagement of diverse communities in the University’s educational programs and activities, and are committed to full inclusivity at the University. As an equal opportunity employer, Muskingum welcomes applications from individuals from populations, which have been historically underrepresented in higher education and/or have experience working with students from diverse backgrounds.
Muskingum University does not discriminate in its employment or educational programs or activities. Please visit Non-Discrimination Statement | Muskingum University to review the University’s office non-discrimination statement.