Computer Services Coordinator
Muskingum University invites applications for the position of Computer Services Coordinator. This position coordinates the daily activities and workflow of Computer and Network Services (CNS), including timely and professional assignment of and follow up on any reported hardware or software issues.
- Receive incoming requests for support, use independent judgment to assess needs, and assign requests to appropriate department staff for resolution
- Monitor support requests to assure timely resolution.
- Coordinate the day-to-day operations of academic and residential computer labs.
- Oversee student employees, which includes using discretion in the hiring and scheduling process and verifying and approving work hours.
- Monitor and maintain adequate materials and supplies for the office and computer labs.
- Maintain vendor relations.
The above statements reflect the general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the major functions of the position and should not be considered a complete description of the essential functions of the position. This Job Description is not intended to be all inclusive. The employee will be assigned by the immediate supervisor to perform other duties as needed or to perform other reasonably-related duties, including special projects.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Experience resolving computer, printer, and network issues
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent problem-solving and diagnostic skills
- Ability to lift or move 45 pounds
HOW TO APPLY
Applications must include a letter of interest, a resume, and a list of 3 professional references, including each reference’s email address, phone number, and a brief description of your relationship to the reference. Application materials should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 740-826-6131. Please include the position title in the subject line of your correspondence. This position will remain open until filled with review of applications to begin immediately.
Muskingum University actively seeks out and welcomes administrators and staff who are committed to excellence in student learning, consider the engagement of diverse communities in the University’s educational programs and activities, and are committed to full inclusivity at the University. As an equal opportunity employer, Muskingum welcomes applications from individuals from populations, which have been historically underrepresented in higher education and/or have experience working with students from diverse backgrounds.
Muskingum University does not discriminate in its employment or educational programs or activities. Please visit https://www.muskingum.edu/non-discrimination-statement to review the university’s official non-discrimination statement.