GENEROUS PAID TIME OFF
EDUCATION ASSISTANCE UP TO $8,000/YEAR
ENGAGED AND SUPPORTIVE LEADERSHIP
Genesis HealthCare System and Muskingum University invite you to bring your passion and energy to our Sports Health programs and services. We are looking for an individual dedicated to providing compassionate, quality services to our community athletes and students.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field required
- NATA certification and Ohio AT license required
- Prior experience in program development and community education a plus
Genesis HealthCare System offers a comprehensive salary and benefits package including free employee health services, 403b retirement savings with employer matching contributions, credit union, etc.
Qualified candidates please apply directly to https://www.genesishcs.org/careers
Genesis HealthCare System . . . better begins here
This position is responsible for providing support and treatment (within the scope of license) for individuals at school athletic functions, at the collegiate level. Works closely and communicates effectively with team or treating physician regarding athlete’s injury and treatment as needed.
- Understands and performs proper evaluation and assessment of injured athlete, including underlying trauma. Treats athletes within the scope of the NATA board of certification license.
- Demonstrates proper taping, strapping, bracing and fitting of athletic equipment.
- Carries out all prescribed treatments and recommendations by the team/event physician.
- Provides coverage for assigned sports games or matches and related events under the supervision of the event manager.
- Provides pre-season physicals as needed.
- Maintains knowledge of: normal anatomical structure and function; physiological/biomechanical demand and response to exercise; nutritional demands for athletes; and absorption, dissipation and transmission of energy of various materials (i.e. protective padding).
- Presents educational programs for healthy and injured athletes.
- Develops treatment programs in accordance with findings/evaluations/goals established by the injury assessment and/or by the treating physician.
- Fully understands and uses athletic training equipment safely and efficiently.
- Assesses athlete’s status in response to treatment and modifies programs as appropriate and makes determination on physical readiness to participate.
- Instructs athlete in therapeutic exercise, and strength and conditioning programs.
- Informs athlete/families of important aspects of athlete’s present condition, including concussion, wound care, first-aid and follow-up care.
- Informs physician and program manager of any necessary documentation or observable signs that need investigation.
- Maintains awareness of and prevents/corrects problems or unsafe conditions.
- Assists in preparing athletic training equipment for use. Recommends new equipment and supplies to ensure optimum quality of athlete’s care.
- Attends/participates in athletic training program meetings and in-services, specifically related to new techniques of athletic health care.
- Properly documents injury status and rehabilitation. Communicates as necessary with appropriate health care provider.
- Assist with the development and implementation of operational policies and procedures.
- Maintains ongoing evaluation of athlete’s progress through various stages of treatment and rehabilitation.
- Maintains level of skill and expertise consistent with the latest theory and techniques.
- Bachelor’s degree in health-related field.
- Must have current NATA certification and current Ohio Athletic Training license.
- CPR certification within 30 days of employment.
- Attention to detail with ability to perform duties in an efficient and independent manner with minimal supervision.
- Ability to assess situational needs and problem solve.
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Valid driver’s license and proof of auto liability insurance.
Patient Centered Care & Behavioral Expectations at Genesis HealthCare System:
1. Living the Genesis Mission, Vision and Values:
- Performs work in a manner that is quality focused.
- Treats patients, co-workers, visitors and volunteers with courtesy, compassion, empathy and respect.
- Results oriented and focused on achievement of objectives.
- Acknowledges and responds to the diversity of people and the situation.
- Encourages peers (others) to be owners of change.
- Always makes the effort to anticipate and exceed customer needs and expectations.
- Possesses the ability to engage others with patience and understanding.
- Acts in a manner that creates positive first and lasting impressions.
- Demonstrates the ability to own issues until they are resolved.
2. Patient Centered Care (patients/families, physicians, co-workers, all other internal/external customers)
- Introduces self and role…connects with everyone.
- Communicates effectively (i.e. advising others of actions, pertinent information, time durations, etc.) and asks for feedback.
- Asks for and anticipates needs and concerns of others.
- Maintains a positive work environment for staff and a healing environment for patients (i.e. safe, clean, quiet, etc.)
- Maintains the dignity and privacy of each person; manages confidential/sensitive information appropriately.
- Responds to requests in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Exits patient/customer encounters courteously, asking if there are additional needs that can be addressed.
3. Promotes Patient and Employee Safety
- Demonstrates safe Patient Handling (i.e. transfers, transport, care administration, nutrition, medication, etc.)
- Demonstrates safe Materials Handling (i.e. appropriate use and disposal of chemicals, infectious wastes, etc.)
- Demonstrates appropriate knowledge of Infectious Disease precautions and use of proper protective equipment.
- Demonstrates Slips/Trips and Falls Awareness.
- Actively contributes to maintaining a safe, clean and quiet environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This description reflects in general terms the type and level of work performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive, nor portray the specific duties of any one incumbent.
Thank you for your interest in employment at Genesis. Genesis is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. Selection of applicants for employment is based only on qualifications and the requirements of a specific job.