Assistant Professor of Philosophy
The Philosophy Department of Muskingum University invites applications for an Assistant Professor of Philosophy to begin August 2021. This is a full-time continuing term position. We are seeking a candidate with a concentration in ethics, as the ability to teach Biomedical Ethics is a requirement for this position. Additional course assignments will consist of introductory philosophy courses, with the opportunity to teach in areas of interest, such as the history of philosophy and logic. The successful candidate will have an understanding of, and appreciation for, teaching philosophy in the general education program within a liberal arts setting, and an interest in our new intensive advising program and community connections to assist all students in professional development and career readiness.
- Doctorate in Philosophy; ABD candidates will be considered, with the understanding that the terminal degree must be completed within one year and rank will be Instructor
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching
- Ability to develop experiential learning for students
- Passion for student development and advising
- Commitment to supporting students from diverse backgrounds
Muskingum University, a comprehensive university with a strong liberal arts tradition, is located just seventy miles east of Columbus, Ohio, in the village of New Concord. Founded in 1837, the university has undergraduate, graduate, and adult-learner student populations totaling approximately 3,000. An equal opportunity employer, Muskingum University particularly welcomes applications from scholars who are from populations historically underrepresented in the academy
To apply, send the following materials electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Letter of application addressing the qualities and qualifications stated above
- A current curriculum vitae
- Copies of all graduate transcripts
- List of three professional references with contact information and relationship to applicant
Questions may be directed to Dr. Robert Sharp (email@example.com), Chair, Religion & Philosophy Department. Applications should be received by March 15, 2021, for first consideration. Appointment to this position is conditional upon the successful completion of a background check through the University's background check agency.