Assistant Professor of Occupational Therapy
Muskingum University invites applications for a full-time, faculty position for Assistant Professor of Occupational Therapy. The primary role of this position is to teach. It is expected of Muskingum Faculty members to use creative and evidence-based approaches that both engage and challenge students toward the objectives of academic success. Whether the instruction is face to face or on-line, the Assistant Professor of Occupational Therapy will have experience in the delivery of content and assessment of student learning and classroom management.
Like all faculty members, the Assistant Professor of Occupational Therapy will have documented expertise in their area of teaching responsibility, knowledge of content delivery, maintain a professional development plan and continue to improve, refine, or expand knowledge and expertise to serve the needs of the students and the Occupational Therapy program.
• Develops course syllabi in accordance with policies and procedures of the program and University,
• Assess student learning using a variety of approaches via online or face to face
• Adheres to ACOTE standards,
• Serves as an academic advisor to Muskingum University students and advises students in scholarship and research efforts
• Assists with program recruitment and retention efforts,
• Meets expectations required by Muskingum faculty as outlined by Faculty Handbook and Muskingum’s Academic Policies and Procedures
• Other duties as assigned.
Requirements for this position:
• Doctoral Degree is preferred, however, a master’s degree with appropriate experience will be considered.
• Minimum three (3) years documented experience in field of OT
• Hold or be eligible to obtain a license to practice occupational therapy in Ohio
• Must process necessary knowledge and expertise to teach the content assigned, including research.
• Should have experience in curriculum design, content delivery and program evaluation, as well as varied delivery methods for instruction.
Muskingum University, also, prefers faculty members to have a valid CPR certification, current NBCOT certification, and active memberships with AOTA and OOTA.
To apply, send the following materials electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• A current curriculum vitae,
• Copies of all graduate transcripts,
• Copies of recent teaching evaluations, and
• List of three professional references with contact information and relationship to applicant.
Appointment to this position is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check through the University’s background check agency.