Assistant Football Coach
To develop and maintain a quality competitive football program within the philosophy of the Muskingum University, the NCAA Division III structure, and the Ohio Athletic Conference guidelines.
- Work effectively with the students, faculty, staff, alumni, and administration of Muskingum University.
- Assist and support the Head Coach in decisions and philosophies
- Assist with the coaching and the coordination of the Junior Varsity program
- Assist with the guidance and counseling of student-athletes
- Assist head coach in all coaching responsibilities as assigned
- Assist in film breakdowns and game/practice preparation
- Work effectively with the Head Coach in the recruitment and retention of quality student/athletes.
- Coordinate recruiting efforts including assigned area, mailings, text messages, phone calls, campus tours and campus visits etc.
- Provide positive motivation for team members
- Other duties as assigned by the Head Coach and/or Vice President and Director of Athletics.
SKILLS/REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS POSITION:
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree preferred in Health, Physical Education, or a related field
- Competent knowledge and experience in coaching and recruiting NCAA Division III student athletes.
- Knowledge of NCAA and Ohio Athletic Conference rules.
- Intercollegiate experience in football
- Good communication and organizational skills
Send cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references to: Erik Ieuter, Head Football Coach, at email@example.com. Resumes accepted until position is filled. Muskingum University is an equal opportunity employer.