Area Coordinator (2) positions available
Muskingum University invites applications for the position of Area Coordinator. This is an opportunity to join an energetic division of Student Affairs educators, who support our students outside of the classroom. The coordinator engages students to create a positive and safe residential environment for all students.
- Minimum qualifications for the position are a master's degree in higher education or related field OR a bachelor's degree with at least 2 years of experience on a small, liberal arts, residential campus.
- Candidates must be a team player and interact collegially with co-workers and other constituencies.
- Candidates will manage a residential area of 100-300 residential students, in a variety of housing options ranging from standard double rooms to independent living houses.
- The successful candidate will be expected to communicate behavioral expectations and facilitate conflict resolution, roommate mediation, and respond to certain crisis situations.
- Area Coordinators are expected to live in a one-bedroom apartment within the residence hall.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office skills including Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint is required to produce professional written documents and to collect, analyze and report on data. An understanding of software such as Maxient, RoomPact, and Presence preferred.
This is a full-time, exempt, 10-month live-in professional staff position. The salary is commensurate with experience and other qualifications and is accompanied by a standard university benefits package, a furnished one-bedroom apartment that includes local phone service, cable television, internet and electricity, and a washer and dryer within the apartment.
To apply, send a letter of application, current resume, names and contact information for three professional references to Kerry Guerard, Assistant Dean of Students, Muskingum University, 163 Stormont Street, New Concord, Ohio 43762, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Muskingum University, a comprehensive institution with a strong liberal arts tradition, is located just seventy miles east of Columbus, Ohio, in the village of New Concord. Founded in 1837, the university's total undergraduate, graduate, and adult-learner student population is approximately 3,000. Muskingum is an equal opportunity employer and encourages candidates from populations traditionally underserved by higher education to apply.