Administrative Assistant for Registrar and Occupational Therapy Department
Muskingum University invites applications for an Administrative Assistant to support the Registrar’s Office and the Occupational Therapy Department. The ideal candidate will provide the Registrar and the Master of Occupational Therapy Director with assistance as requested. The Administrative Assistant will primarily be responsible for front-line and customer service as well as data entry and maintenance.
- Serve as the welcoming presence at the front desk to greet visitors, answer questions, and provide information to meet the needs of students, faculty, and staff.
- Answer the office phone and respond to voicemails.
- Provide timely and accurate entry of data and creation of data reports.
- Learn and execute position-specific tasks
- Comply with all university academic policies and procedures and with applicable governmental requirements.
- Maintain office supplies.
- Open and distribute mail.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Associates degree preferred.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in an office setting.
- Strong customer service orientation within a busy office environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently on multiple complex tasks and operations.
- Ability to learn Microsoft 365 programs, including Word, Excel, Teams, and Outlook.
- Ability to learn new software programs, including Ellucian Colleague.
- Maintain impeccable standards of confidentiality.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Limited physical effort required but may include occasional standing for periods of time or moving items weighing less than 20 pounds.
- No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
- Duties may require occasional evening and weekend work.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
The University actively seeks out and welcomes faculty and staff who are committed to excellence in teaching and student learning thrive in a collaborative environment of scholars, embrace experiential learning, consider the engagement of diverse communities in the educational experience, and desire to mentor a multicultural student population. As an equal opportunity employer. Muskingum welcomes applications from individuals from populations which have been historically underrepresented in the academy and/or have experience with students from diverse backgrounds.
Applications must include a letter of interest, resume, and a list of 3 professional references and should be sent by email to email@example.com or faxed to 740-826-6131. Please include the position title in the subject line of your correspondence. This position will remain open until filled, with review of candidates to begin immediately.
Muskingum University does not discriminate in its employment or educational programs or activities. Please visit Non-Discrimination Statement | Muskingum University to review the University’s official non-discrimination statement.