Muskingum University invites applications for an Administrative Assistant to the Associate Vice President of Student Affairs. The ideal candidate will provide the Associate Vice President for Student Affairs with assistance as requested, manage central office operations for Student Affairs, and assist the Director of Residence Life with operational functions. Serve as initial contact with students, parents, faculty, and others in aiding with student concerns, general college information, and student services information.
- Assist the Associate Vice President for Student Affairs in executing senior student affairs role.
- Serve as office manager and assist the Associate Vice President for Student Affairs in day-to-day operation of the Student Affairs Office.
- Maintain organization of the residential key system, including requesting lock changes, coding of keys, and distribution of keys to students.
- Oversee maintenance of Student Life physical and electronic records.
- Oversee campus posting policy, mass mailing, and educate community on process and implement approval standards as appropriate.
- Order Student Affairs office supplies, as necessary.
- Assist in recruitment, training, scheduling, and supervision of student office assistants.
- Assist in Special Events program presentation (e.g. Muskie Preview, Orientation, etc.)
- Develop and maintain Student Life Office forms, brochures, electronic materials as needed.
- Compile and email the Student Digest each weekday when classes are in session.
- Maintaining accurate records of house assignments and assist with room change processes.
- Liaison with outside laundry vendor, including requesting repairs and process housing status reports for laundry contract.
- Liaison with multiple university offices regarding student housing concerns.
- Assist the Director of Residence Life with room selection and room assignment processes.
The above statements reflect the general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the major functions of the position and should not be considered a complete description of the essential functions of the position. This Job Description is not intended to be all inclusive. The employee will be assigned by the immediate supervisor to perform other duties as needed or to perform other reasonably-related duties, including special projects.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to work well in an environment of high ambiguity, and present a flexible, outgoing and engaging demeanor representing the Student Life Office in a positive and assertive manner.
- Understanding of small, liberal arts, residential campus.
- Ability to work effectively with students, faculty, staff and other administrators.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality on personal and system levels.
- Excellent written, verbal, computer and organizational system skills, and ability to multi-task.
- General knowledge of Muskingum University and its administrative offices; and
- Occasional weekend and evening work are vital to the success of this position.
Applications must include a letter of interest, resume, and a list of 3 professional references and should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 740-826-6131. Please include the position title in the subject line of your correspondence. This position will remain open until filled, with review of candidates to begin immediately.
The university actively seeks out and welcomes faculty and staff who are committed to excellence in teaching and student learning, thrive in a collaborative environment of scholars, embrace experiential learning, consider the engagement of diverse communities in the educational experience, and desire to mentor a multicultural student population. As an equal opportunity employer, Muskingum welcomes applications from individuals from populations which have been historically underrepresented in the academy and/or have experience working with students from diverse backgrounds.
Muskingum University does not discriminate in its employment or educational programs or activities. Please visit https://www.muskingum.edu/non-discrimination-statement to review the university’s official non-discrimination statement.