Technology is an integral and continual interactive part of our lives. Nearly all organizations rely on technology and information systems to conduct business and operate efficiently.
According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the need for IS employees will grow by 20% in all employment areas from 2008 to 2018.
Our new major, Information Systems, combines business, computer science and informatics to prepare you for a successful career in the 21st century.
Information Systems (43 credit hours for major)
Business Requirements (15 Credit Hours)
- ACCT 201 Financial Accounting (3)
- BUSI 318 Managerial Finance (3)
- BUSI 325 Statistics (3)
- ECON 215 Principles Microeconomics (3)
- ECON 216 Principles of Macroeconomics (3)
Computer Science Requirements (9 Credit Hours)
- CPSC 100 Introduction to Computer Science (3)
- CPSC 111 Computer Science I (3)
- CPSC 365 Web Applications & Database Management Systems (3)
Informatics Requirements (19 Credit Hours)
- INFR 310 Foundations in Information Systems (3)
- INFR 320 IT Infrastructure (3)
- INFR 330 Systems Analysis & Design (3)
- INFR 340 Information Systems Project Management (3)
- INFR 410 Enterprise Architecture (3)
- INFR 495 IS Strategy, Management and Acquisition (4)
For a complete listing of MAP requirements, policies and procedures please refer to the Muskingum Adult Program Guidebook (pdf)