Technology resources for students.
Reader for Tests and Quizzes Accommodation = Screen Reader
- This link will provide you with instructions on how to enable the Narrator feature on your Windows computers.
- The Disability Education Office recommends using a Google Chrome browser, if possible, and enabling the Chrome extension Read Aloud. Instructions are found below.
- This link will provide you with instructions on how to change your Mac settings to enable the screen reader.
- This link will provide you with instructions on how to enable the ChromeVox features on your Chromebook.
- Enabling the Chrome extension Read Aloud is another option. Instruction on enabling this extension are found below.
Google Chrome extension Read Aloud.
- Read Aloud can be found by following this link.
- Use this link for an instructional video on how to use Read Aloud.
- Read Aloud has shortcut keys for playing and stopping. Once Read Aloud is enabled, press ALT + P to Play and ALT + O to Stop.
- Read Aloud will also only read what you tell it to by highlighting the text you wish to be read and using the short cut keys or pressing the Play and Stop buttons.
Scribe for Tests and Quizzes Accommodation = Speech to Text
- This link will provide you with instructions on enabling your online speech recognition on your Windows computer.
- Pressing the Windows Key + H will open your Speech Recognition once it is turned on.
- This link will provide you with instructions to enable your Voice Diction to transcribe your words.
This link will provide you with instructions on using your Chromebook feature to type text with your voice.
You can speak to enter text in most places where you usually type. You can even add common punctuation marks by saying "comma," "period," "question mark," "exclamation mark," or "exclamation point."
- At the bottom right, select the time. Or press Alt + Shift + s.
- Select Settings .
- At the bottom, select Advanced.
- In the "Accessibility" section, select Manage accessibility features.
- Under "Keyboard and text input," turn on Enable dictation (speak to type).
- Tap or select where you want to type.
- Select Speak , or press Search + d.
- Say what you want to type.
Other helpful resources
- This link will provide information on downloading Grammarly. Grammarly will provide some guidance on grammar and spelling. There is a free version as well.