Housing Accommodation Requests
Muskingum University recognizes the importance of providing reasonable accommodations in its housing policies and practices where necessary for individuals with disabilities to have equal access to University housing.
Deadlines for New and Continuing Housing Accommodation Request
|For Housing Accommodations sought for...||Deadline for submission of the request|
|Fall Semester - New Students||July 1|
|Spring Semester||December 30|
|May Term/Summer||April 1|
|Current students during the Room Draw process||March 2|
New Housing Accommodation Requests
For students wishing to request housing accommodations for the first time, or for students wishing to make changes to their housing accommodations, please follow the following steps:
- Submit the Housing Accommodation Request Form by following this link.
- Provide documentation to verify the requested accommodation is necessary to provide the student with equal access. Documentation can include:
- The Disability Verification Form (found by following this link)
- A letter from a medical professional that provides the following information:
- A diagnosis of the disability/health condition
- A description of the current impact/limitations of the disability/health condition with a specific focus on barriers to the educational and/or housing environment
- A discussion of whether the disability/health condition is permanent or temporary
- If temporary, please provide information on the expected duration of the disability/health condition and the timeline for re-evaluation.
- Identification from a qualified healthcare provider, containing:
- Contact information
- License number
- A signature or electronic signature
- Make an appointment with the Disability Education Office to discuss the requested accommodations.
- Appointments can be made by following this link.
Requesting the Continuation of Previously Approved Housing Accommodations
For students that wish to continue their previously approved housing accommodations, please submit your request by following this link.
Notification of Decisions
Once decisions are made regarding your requested housing accommodation, the Disability Education Office will contact you via your Muskingum email.