The University follows travel advisories established by the CDC. If you have traveled to an area where the virus has been identified, and you have any symptoms, please visit your local physician or urgent care department to seek care. The CDC continues to list the coronavirus as low risk for the US, but as recommended, every student, faculty member, and employee who has not received the flu shot is encouraged to do so.
Please take some time to read over the information provided. We are in the middle of cold and flu season with the symptoms being similar to the virus. Therefore, we encourage all students who are concerned about their health, to visit the Wellness Center during open hours.
As stated above, there are many illnesses going around this time of year, so please make sure that you are taking preventive steps to care for yourself and encourage others to do the same. These measures include:
- Wash your hands frequently or use hand sanitizers when out
- Get enough sleep- suggested 8 hours a night
- Drink plenty of water
- Eat a healthy diet and exercise
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoid contact with people who are sick
- Cover your mouth/nose with a tissue or sleeve when coughing or sneezing
- Stay at home while you are sick and avoid close contact with others
The Ohio Department of Health encourages support and outreach to our students who may exhibit these symptoms, while also decreasing the fear of the coronavirus to our general student population. We will keep you updated on any other information issued by the Ohio Department of Health on the coronavirus and management in our community.
For the latest information regarding the number of coronavirus cases please visit the Ohio Department of Health.