Who We Are
Muskingum University was founded in 1837 and is a small private, liberal arts college. Our liberal arts education focuses on these three core qualities: strong communication skills, the ability to analyze information and the ability to think critically. Muskingum has quality faculty members with more than 90% holding a doctorate or the highest degree in their fields. We have a 16-to-1 student to faculty ratio. Muskingum University embraces the traditional residential college atmosphere with 92% of our students living on campus or in the Village of New Concord.
Muskingum students have excellent academic opportunities as well as numerous honoraries and activities, which make them well-rounded. Being a part of a small school environment allows our students many opportunities for leadership within their oncampus organizations. As a result of the combined experiences at Muskingum, when our students graduate they are academically and professionally prepared to be successful in all facets of the professional work environment as well as in various graduate programs.
Employers can contact our office and provide information for an industry profile package which would be available for our students to review. You can be part of our on-campus recruitment programs which allows you to set up block interviews on the campus, or you can publicize interview opportunities at your organization.
Other ways to become involved with our students is to offer internships and summer employment. These programs offer opportunities for students to grow professionally, and employers to gain a flexible, quality candidate who can meet the needs of a specific project of be a fresh perspective on a previous idea.
Muskingum University has many different ways in order to assist you with your recruitment needs.
- Fill out a recruitment form.
- Attend a job fair on campus or with one of our consortiums.
- Post job or internship positions to our online database on Handshake.
- Visit campus to conduct on-campus interviews.
- Contact Career Services for any other way we could be of assistance.
Post a Job
We appreciate your interest in employing Muskingum College students and alumni. Our employment services involve a cooperative effort with Handshake. Employers can register online and post jobs FOR FREE to our web sites.
Who is Eligible?
Any employer who wants to post full-time, part-time, internships, co-op, seasonal, and freelance jobs. All employer registrations will pass through the Career Center for approval.
Step One. You must register and receive a password from the Career Center to post jobs and conduct resume searches.
- Go to our school’s site listed on top of the page.
- Click on the Employers icon.
- Choose the link for Register Now.
- Enter registration info with an email address so that we may contact you.
- Once approved by our office, you will receive an email notification confirming your Access ID and informing you of your Password.
Step Two. Using the CCN Recruitment Services for Employers.
- Go to our school’s site as above and choose the Employers icon.
- Click the link for Online Services.
- Enter your Access ID and Password.
You may now:
Access your Registration
- Update or Review Your Registration Information.
- Keep your information up to date for the career center and students/alumni.
Work with your Job Postings
- Post New Job.
- Update/Preview/Repost Jobs.
- Give plenty of detail to make your postings attractive to students/alumni.
Easily search for Job Candidates
- Search Students and Alumni Resumes.
- Find outstanding candidates for your opportunities.
Note: As with any database search, the more criteria you choose, the more limited your results will be. Modifying your criteria may be useful for yielding many qualified candidates.