The F.A.D. club, also known as Pi Phi Gamma and/or the sisterhood of F.A.D. is the oldest women’s social organization at Muskingum College.
In February of 1914 a group of leading women at the College were officially granted a charter. In 1914 the ladies met together at their home on College Street.
Since that time the F.A.D. Club has evolved many times. The ladies once occupied a house on Montgomery Blvd., as well as the current French House. Following renovations to Patton Hall in the 1990s, the F.A.D. Club moved to its current location.
In addition to its changes in location the F.A.D. club has also seen changes to its name. In the early 1990s, a desire to have Greek letters led the club to adopt Phi Alpha Delta as its Greek name. A short time later, however, the ladies were informed that although they were local, a national law fraternity already had rights to those letters. And so it became Pi Phi Gamma. These new letters, while not a direct link to the English F.A.D., also have a distinct meaning — like the meaning of F.A.D. it is only known to members.
In 2004, F.A.D. celebrated 90 years at Muskingum College and donated $10, 000 to the college during Alumni Weekend of that same year.
The ladies of F.A.D. are diverse in their backgrounds and welcome all. Alumnae are worldwide and number 1100+.
Please address your questions and comments to the web manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All images and logos are copyrighted FAD 2007.
Visit the Muskingum College home page.