Evaluate Initial Skills: A Quantitative Survey
Indicate how often the following statements describe your behavior by writing the appropriate number. This questionnaire is from REFERENCE.
1. ___ I feel I have to "cram" before an exam.
2. ___ My homework is usually turned in on time.
3. ___ I think I usually get enough sleep.
4. ___ I pull all-nighters before mid-terms and finals.
5. ___ I plan to go out with friends a couple of nights a week, and usually spend the amount of time with them that I originally planned.
6. ___ When I'm working on a paper, I put off writing until a few days before it's due.
7. ___ I often cancel social activities because I feel I don't have enough time.
8. ___ I generally get my papers in on time.
9. ___ I find myself making a lot of excuses to my instructors about why my work isn't done.
10. ___ I feel comfortable about how I use time now.
11. ___ I always feel that something is hanging over my head, that I'll never have enough time to do the work assigned.
12. ___ I often feel tired.
Score A: Add up the numbers for questions 1, 4, 6, 7, 9, 11, and 12.
Score B: Add up the numbers for questions 2, 3, 5, 8, and 10.
If score A is greater than score B, you are probably a procrastinator. If score A is less than score B, you manage your time well. If the scores are equal, you may procrastinate at times, but procrastination is not a habit.