The Degree Transfer program is currently open to university students at our affiliated Chinese universities.
Admission of international students to Muskingum University is mainly determined by high school grades and test scores. A TOEFL score of 79-80 on the Internet-based test, or the equivalent is required for regular admission.Other standardized tests of English language ability may be considered in consultation with the Director of International Admission.
Please have your current university send an official transcript along with a course catalog. Your transcript will be carefully examined in order to transfer as many credits as possible. A nominal fee may be charged for credentials evaluation. Students are also welcome to pursue a second degree or to prepare for graduate programs (GMAT, GRE, prerequisite courses, etc.).
For more specific information on our Degree Transfer program, please download our program prospectus and brochure.
For information on tuition and financial aid, download the Degree Transfer Prospectus. For more specific information about the Degree Transfer Program, download the Degree Transfer Brochure. You can also read the brochure in Chinese by downloading the Degree Transfer Brochure in Chinese.
Application Requirements for Degree-Transfer Students
Deadline for pre-Fall (July) admissions is May 15. Complete applications will contain all of the following:
- Completed International Degree Transfer Application Form, with signatures.
- Official academic records of all secondary and post-secondary work taken, including examination results , including school leaving tests and certificates
- 2 or more letters of recommendation written by teachers or administrators
- Official results of the SAT test or an approved test of English as a foreign language. SAT results -- A Computer-Based TOEFL score of at least 79-80 is required for regular admission. Muskingum's institutional TOEFL / SAT code is 1496.
- An essay, at least 500 words in length, describing yourself and explaining why you would like to complete your degree at Muskingum University. Also, describe any subject area you are considering and possible career plans. This essay should be written in English in your own hand (not typed).
- Certified bank letter showing sufficient funds for the first year. Letter should be on bank stationery and give the current balance in the account of the sponsor. If the account belongs to someone other than the parent/sponsor who signs the financial responsibility section of the application form, each additional sponsor must also provide a letter stating that he or she will be responsible for your expenses at Muskingum. An example of a bank letter is available here in pdf format.
Applications may be sent to:
Office of International Admission
163 Stormont Street
New Concord, Ohio 43762 USA