Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I change my contribution to the Retirement Plan?
- After meeting service and eligibility requirements the employee contributes a minimum of 5% and the University contributes 9% of basic salary to the Retirement Plan. One may contribute additional amounts up to the limits established by the Internal Revenue Service by completing the Salary Reduction Agreement available in the Office of Human Resources.
- How do I know what my income from the Retirement Plan will be at retirement?
- Go to www.tiaa-cref.org where one can view accumulation amounts; obtain estimates of retirement income; obtain estimates of Social Security income and change allocations or future contribution amounts to meet retirement financial goals.
- How do I obtain a new health insurance identification card if I have lost my card?
- Contact Medical Mutual of Ohio at 800-523-8558. The group number is 845105001 or visit www.medmutualcom. Usually a new card will arrive within 10 days.
- How do I know if my physician or dentist is in the Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) network?
- For a listing of physicians within Ohio, go to www.medmutual.com, Ohio Networks. For physicians outside Ohio, Networks Outside Ohio. For a listing of dentists within the network go to www.ameritasgroup.com.
- How do I change my benefit plan beneficiaries or notify the benefit plans of name or address change?
- The Office of Human Resources maintains the forms necessary to change beneficiaries and address change. To indicate change of name one must bring to the Office of Human Resources the new Social Security card with name change.