International Student Admission
Students wishing to earn a degree from Muskingum University should apply as degree-seeking applicants. Please click here to access our online brochure.
Admission of international students to Muskingum University is mainly determined by high school grades and test scores. A TOEFL score of 213 on the computer-based test, or the equivalent is required for regular admission. If you are academically qualified and have a TOEFL score of at least 180, you can be accepted as a full-time student, participating in the English Support Program. Other standardized tests of English language ability may be considered in consultation with the Director of International Admission.
Transfer students and graduates of junior colleges are also welcome. Please have your current university send an official transcript along with a course catalog. Your transcript will be carefully examined in order to transfer as many credits as possible. A nominal fee may be charged for credentials evaluation. Students are also welcome to pursue a second degree or to prepare for graduate programs (GMAT, GRE, prerequisite courses, etc.)
Application Requirements for Degree Seeking Students
Deadline for Fall (August) admissions is June 1. Deadline for Spring (January) admissions is November 1st. Applications received after the deadline will be considered for admission the following semester. Complete applications will contain all of the following:
- Completed International Application Form, with signatures.
- Official academic records of all secondary and post-secondary work taken, including examination results , including school leaving tests and certificates
- 2 or more letters of recommendation written by teachers or your principal/headmaster/headmistress
- Official results of the SAT test or an approved test of English as a foreign language. SAT results -- A Computer-Based TOEFL score of at least 213 is required for regular admission. Muskingum's institutional TOEFL / SAT code is 1496.
- An essay, at least 500 words in length, describing yourself and explaining why you would like to study at Muskingum University. Also, describe any subject area you are considering and possible career plans. This essay should be written in English in your own hand (not typed).
- Certified bank letter showing sufficient funds for the first year. Letter should be on bank stationery and give the current balance in the account of the sponsor. If the account belongs to someone other than the parent/sponsor who signs the financial responsibility section of the application form, each additional sponsor must also provide a letter stating that he or she will be responsible for your expenses at Muskingum. An example of a bank letter is available here in pdf format.
Applications may be sent to:
Office of International Admission
163 Stormont Street
New Concord, Ohio 43762 USA