Welcome to Counseling Services
Counseling Services assists students in overcoming personal, emotional, and psychological issues that may negatively impact their ability to reach their academic goals and to make the most of their experience at Muskingum University. Our goal is to support students as they acquire the skills, knowledge, and resources to succeed academically and pursue satisfying and productive lives.
Counseling Services staff strive to affirm, promote and celebrate diversity. Thus it is our intention is to provide an open and trusting environment in which all students feel valued, safe, and respected.
Scheduling Appointments, Office Hours
To schedule a counseling appointment, please contact Counseling Services by:
- Email: email@example.com (It is also helpful to attach a copy of your class schedule to speed up the scheduling process.)
- Call: (740) 826-8091 or (740) 826-8142
- Visit: Counseling Services is located in Montgomery Hall, Ground Floor, Suite 2.
Office Hours are Monday - Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. You will be scheduled an appointment at the earliest possible time.
Free & Confidential
Help When You Need It
There are times when we all feel overwhelmed, stressed, or confused. The Counseling Services at Muskingum University is here to help you deal with these concerns as well many others. For example, we provide professional help in the following areas:
- Psychological issues: depression, anxiety, suicidality, eating disorders, substance misuse/abuse
- Personal concerns: identity issues, sexuality, self-esteem, assertion, family problems, stress management
- Interpersonal issues: communication skills, dating and relationship issues, conflict management
- Intervention services: acute stress, sexual assault, death of a family member or friend
Any full-time or part-time undergraduate or graduate student, who is currently enrolled at Muskingum University, may utilize our services. Services are free and confidential.
Confidentiality is the foundation of the counseling relationship. Information you share in a counseling session will treated by the Counseling Services staff with strict confidentiality following all legal and ethical guidelines. Information will not be disclosed to anyone outside the Counseling Services staff without your written permission except in rare instances when, in the judgment of your counselor, such disclosure is necessary to protect you or someone else from imminent danger. Notations of counselor are not part of the student’s academic record.
Counseling Services is located in Montgomery Hall, Ground Floor, Suite 2.
163 Stormont Street
New Concord, Ohio 43762