Finding MAC Addresses for Game Consoles
If you are interested in connecting your game console to the Muskingum College network for online gaming access, you will need to find your console's MAC address. Below are instructions for how to track it down.
NOTE: We will not register wireless adapter addresses, so you MUST provide a wired MAC address for access.
- Remove the GameCube’s broadband adapter from the console.
- Printed on the underside of the adaptor is a MAC address. Write this down.
Sony Playstation 2
1. Install the network adapter given in the installation guide or on the PlayStation2 Network Adapter Web site. Once you have the network adapter installed you are ready to begin the ISP Setup process.
2. Power up the PlayStation 2 and load the Network Adaptor Startup Disc.
3. Once it has loaded, select ISP Setup and press X.
4. The ISP SETUP will begin to load, and you will be presented with a license agreement. Select Agree and press X to continue.
5. For connection type, choose Local Area Network (LAN) and press X to continue.
6. Select Automatic Configuration and press X to continue.
7. At the connection test screen, select Advanced and press X to continue.
8. At the Advanced Broadband Settings screen, make sure Automatic is selected. While you are at this screen, make note of the MAC Address at the bottom. You will need this number to register your game console.
1. Insert your Xbox Live DVD in the drive. The software will automatically run and update the Xbox dashboard to show the Xbox Live option. Once this is complete, eject the CD and make sure you have your network cable plugged into your Xbox and in the network port. Open the Settings menu.
2. From Settings, go to Network Settings.
3. Within the Network Settings Menu, go to IP Addresses.
4. Once in the IP Addresses Menu, be sure the configuration is set to Automatic.
5. Press B and go back to the Network Settings menu, then go to DNS Servers.
6. Once in the DNS Servers Menu, be sure the configuration is set to Automatic.
7. Press B and go back to the Network Settings menu, there you will then see the MAC address in the lower right hand part of the screen. Write this MAC address down somewhere.
Microsoft Xbox 360
1. Go to the System area of the Xbox Dashboard and select Network Settings.
2. Select Edit Settings.
3. Under Basic Settings, check to make sure the IP Settings is on Automatic.
4. Now go to Additional Settings, select Advanced Settings.
5. At the bottom of this screen you'll see a heading called Wired MAC Address.