The Computer and Network Services department (CNS) coordinates all institutional telephone, computer, data, and network access needs for the faculty and staff of Muskingum University, as well as provides the computer labs, local phone, network and Internet access to its students. You can phone us at 826-8050, send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit us in BSC 331 (Boyd Science Center).
CNS sets up and tests university owned computers and peripherals, the campus network and Internet connection, as well as software programs in faculty offices, the library, and campus labs. UNIX, Linux, and Windows Server environments are utilized in provision of basic supported services.
Computer and Network Services (CNS) supports the University's ongoing quest for excellence, providing leadership in technology through the creation and maintenance of state-of-the-art computing, networking, and telephone environments. In fulfillment of this mission, CNS offers a full complement of services and facilities to support and enhance instruction, research and administration missions.
These include (but are not limited to):
- Consulting and documentation
- Network design, engineering and security management
- Shared systems, servers, and software
- Worldwide communications support
- Management of campus computer labs
- Management of
classroom instructional systems
- Desktop computer consulting and repair triage
- Administrative application and services
- Establishing and maintaining relations with preferred vendors
- Participation in distributed information management
- Provision of reliable, secure, and recoverable server systems
CNS is committed to managing limited resources, integrating current levels of technology and software, retaining knowledgeable support staff, and preserving the confidentiality, integrity and security of the information in our environment.
The primary mission of Computer and Network Services is to serve the University by facilitating the purchase, maintenance, and replacement of technology which supports the administrative, instructional, financial, and co-curricular functions of the institution in an environment of rapid change.