Administrative Data Access
The Computer and Network Services department (CNS) is responsible for implementation of data access controls. Permission to access data elements is requested and authorized by each administrative unit.
The following premises shall apply:
- CNS does not approve, authorize, or keep the primary records
related to the granting of access to administrative data.
For auditing purposes, CNS will maintain a set of duplicate
- All access requests will be processed in the same manner,
including initial access, changes in access, and termination
- Each administrative unit is responsible for identifying
appropriate data access, approving this access through its
Vice President, and maintaining the primary records
- Each administrative unit is responsible for identifying and
approving data access changes including termination of
- CNS will create and provide a set of pre-defined security
classes appropriate to the major administrative units which
may be selected during the data access and approval process.
- Should the set of pre-defined security classes not meet the
intended access control, unit managers will consult with CNS
to identify and create a unique position specific security
- CNS will create and provide appropriate data access request
forms for utilization during the data access and approval
- Should cross-unit data access be needed, separate data
access request forms must be processed through each separate
- CNS will maintain and provide appropriate security class
detail to facilitate the data access control process.
Unit managers should download and print (in duplex) the Administrative Data Access form. In order to identify the needed security classes, please refer to either the Colleague or the Benefactor summary list. Because these documents provide detail to data access security parameters, these documents are password protected and you will need to obtain the correct username and password in order to access them.