In this issue:
- Resource Systems Internship Contest
- Muskingum Sends Team to Programming Contest
Science Quotes by Kids
Have a Great Thanksgiving!
Need help with your career plans? Sign up with MentorNet. It's free!
Resource Systems Internship Contest
Each fall, Muskingum students have the opportunity to compete for an internship at Resource Systems. The internships at Resource Systems are geared to be meaningful work related to the area of interest of the student. Many internships take place during the summer but some have been done during the school year (depending on the mutual agreement of both parties).
An internship is a great way to gain experience about your field of interest and get a head start on your career. Employers seeking qualified college graduates are likely to favor a candidate with internship experience. Some of our interns from Muskingum were offered jobs after they graduated and are already moving up the ranks within the company.
To apply for the competition, students write an essay no longer than 1,000 words describing how their Muskingum College experience has prepared them for their career. Resource Systems will select one or two people for an internship. As an intern you will receive competitive wages and a college credit. The Resource Systems' 1000 word essay contest is open to all full-time Muskingum College students who are currently attending Muskingum College.
1. All entries should be submitted no later than December 1, 20007 to Jeri Thompson at Resource Systems. Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. The 1000 word essay theme is: "How has your Muskingum College experience prepared you for a career?"
3. Essays must be sent to the above address (not mailed) and shall not contain more than 1,000 workds. Links to other documents, web sites, or other references will not be viewed as we want all contestants to be on an even "playing field."
4. A cover page is expected and should contain the student's name, address, email address, and phone number.
5. Essays will be judged on the basis of originality, content, communication of content, organization, and grammatical structure.
6. Only one submission per student is allowed.
7. For additional information, contact Jeri Thompson via email at email@example.com
Muskingum Sends Team to Programming Contest
The Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) sent a team to the ACM regional programming contest November 10. Teams from all over the East/Central region competed, trying to solve as man of eight programming problems as possible in five hours. The Muskingum team was Colin Streb and Chris Bowles, and they finished in the top third of over 150 teams.