In this issue:
- MentorNet Outreach Campaign: Steps for Change
- Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship (SURF) at Ohio University College of Osteopathic Medicine
Rules of the Lab:
- Experiments must be reproducible, they should fail the same way each time.
- Experience is directly proportional to equipment ruined.
- Always keep a record of your data. It indicates that you have been working.
- Teamwork is essential, it allows you to blame someone else.
- All unmarked beakers contain fast-acting, extremely toxic poisons.
- Any delicate and expensive piece of glassware will break before any use can be made of it.
Need help with your career plans? Sign up with MentorNet. It's free!
CHEM 105, 111, 112, &115--Sundays & Tuesdays, 7 - 9 p.m. in SC 338
CHEM 214--Sundays, 7 - 9 p.m. in SC 338
MentorNet Outreach Campaign: Steps for Change
March 18th is the 40th anniversary of the first walk in space. To honor this acheivement of the engineering comunity, MentorNet is pleased to announce the launch of our 2009 Spring outreach program: Steps for Change: One small step for us; One giant leap for the future.
Our goal is to engage 500 new mentors and proteges (total) during the 50 days of the drive from kick-off on January 28. To help us all get there, we've launched new web pages:
Please consider signing up with MentorNet!
Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship (SURF)
at Ohio University College of Osteopathic Medicine
Looking for a great research opportunity this summer? The Ohio University college of Osteopathic Medicine provides a wide variety of summer research opportunities for undergraduate students interested in careers in medicine or biomedical research.
Students with solid academic records
Students beginning their Senior year in 2009
Outstanding Juniors and recent graduates
Deadline for applications is February 1, 2009.
For more information, call the OU-COM Office of Admissions at 1-800-1560 or download an application at: